Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Borla Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 06:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Borla Question

I have a borla adjustable exhaust and i want to install lts and an elec cutout at the open plate as described in my sig, but i'm wondering how much louder it will be with the cutout closed going through the borla muffler vs my current setup with it open and stock manifolds/cats.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

probally pretty loud, i have borla also and it's loud as it is, my friends had borla with midlengths and it was quite loud there was a video of someone with borla and LT's on here if i find it i send you it
Old 04-07-2006, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

which one do you think is louder? open borla stock manifolds & cats or closed borla with LT's and ORY?
Old 04-07-2006, 09:56 PM
Launching!

My open Borla with LT's no cats sounded like *** (nasty un-tuned raspy sound). If you just want to have a noise maker thats the way to go. Sounds better with now that i have a catted Ypipe (TSP catted Y), feels like a got a little more low end toque back as well.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

not to be a jackass, but did you read my question? i know what open borla and lts with ory will sound like. thats why im getting an electric cutout installed at the plate. I want to know what it would sound like with CLOSED borla on lts and ory and if it would be significantly louder than my open borla with stock exhaust manifolds and catted y pipe.