Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPIS Headers - BIG PROBLEM AT DYNO

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2002, 05:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPIS Headers - BIG PROBLEM AT DYNO

o.k. Just got my TPIS longtubes installed. My car is a 00' m6 9lb Vortech. I have 4.10 gears and a Flowmaster cat-back. Everything installed perfectly. Car sounds awesome. I LOST 60 RWHP! I have no SES lights, everything fired right up. The dyno operator stopped the dyno at 4500 rpm when the air/fuel went almost to 18! Ed Wright did the tuning on my computer for the Vortech, PRIOR to the headers and it worked great. I am going to send it back to him to be re-done for the new mods. Question I have is - Could the new exhaust have leaned the car that much? The car did start to LOUDLY ping and the operator immediately shut it down. My fuel pressure is fine, and the t-rex is working. I would imagine that the computer also pulled a TON of timing due to the ping. Anyone ever have any familiar problems? What did you do? Does the fact that it is blown make it more succeptible to going lean with the new exhaust? Help!
Old 08-30-2002, 05:32 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Re: TPIS Headers - BIG PROBLEM AT DYNO

Did they disconnect the battery during install?If they did you will need to drive it for the computer to relearn itself.If not there is something else wrong than the Computer.
Old 08-30-2002, 05:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: TPIS Headers - BIG PROBLEM AT DYNO

They did disconnect the computer. How long does it take to re-learn? Do you think the computer re-learn could lean it that much?