Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will my exhaust drone or resonate?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2002, 11:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will my exhaust drone or resonate?

I've got the following coming in the mail...Hooker longtubes, Mufflex y-pipe, 4" to 3" reducer, 3" Random Tech cats, and a 3" Hooker catback. I don't want any resonance, drone, or rasp at all in my exhaust. I want a muscular sound, but not obnoxiously loud. Will this get me there?
Old 09-10-2002, 01:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Will my exhaust drone or resonate?

I am pretty sure you should be rasp free with the high flo cats..I have no rasp with my tts headers,tts cats and my b and b..its not super loud but it does get growly past 3000 or so..
For that extra snarl I open my cutout in the intermediate pipe with my quick time cutout controller..it sounds nasty not raspy again because of the cats I think.If I keep opening the cutout to full open then I do pick up some resonance in the car which is worse with windows up but I have a mega stereo if that gets too annoying and just closing down the cutout a bit takes care of it.normally now I like to drive with the cutout just cracked open a bit..sounds perfect..my cutout controller lets you open full or close or anything in between ..it opens or closes in 5 seconds or so..it works great..my favorite toy right now.And quiet quick when the cops are out and about.."officer that couldn't have been my car you were hearing..just listen to how quiet it is...(cutout closed just moments before) it must have been that mustang..maybe you should catch him and check out his exhaust..LOL
This fictional account brought to you by the magic of electric cutouts..I think your car should sound good with what you said..and if its not loud enough..just do what I did..best of both worlds..

Quick Reply: Will my exhaust drone or resonate?