Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems with Jet Hot coatings

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 04:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Problems with Jet Hot coatings

Hey all.

I am not one to vent on the web about a vendor but right now I am got daumn PO'd!!!!

I have sent many items to Jet Hot over the years to have coatings applied and always had a great experience...until now. On 4/5 I sent my new Dynatech headers off to Jet Hot to be coated...they received them on 4/7. The salesman told me that there was a 7 day turn around time. On 4/11 I called to get an update on the order and was told I have a 4/13 ship date...cool. 4/18 arrives and no headers on my doorstep. I call...they transfer me to several different people. Finally I talk to a very nice woman at the MS. plant named Dana. She says they are very behind but will check for me to see if my headers have been pulled for coating. When she calls back she says that they haven't and that they have no idea when they'll be coated!!! WTF is that noise!!! No idea??? UNACCEPTABLE!!! She tells me to call my salesman to see if he can add a priority to them...I do. A very nice gentleman named Matt says that he talked to the plant manager and that they will be out on 4/19.

I call today and talk to Matt. "Hey Matt it's Mike from Marietta GA. Have my headers shipped"?? "No Mike...they haven't. Please give me a number to call you back at and I'll let you know what's up". That was this morning and my phone hasn't rang.

I don't know what to do next. If I knew that the lead time would be this long I probably wouldn't have sent them. The fact that they have "no idea" when they'll be pulled has me freakin' mad as hell. What kind of operation is that!! I've been as nice as I could be for as long as I can but this constant BS has me at the wits end. If they could just be honest and say what's up I would be OK with it or just have them send my headers back.

Anyone else delt with Jet Hot lately?? If so is there a manger or someone I can speak with?

Mike
Old 04-20-2006, 04:28 PM
11 Second Club

Never had any issues with them personally and they always answered my questions right away call back and demand an answer, explain you have paid for this service to provided (assuming you have) and if not that you would like your headers back, NOW just talk to someone, persistance pays my friend
Old 04-20-2006, 06:04 PM
TECH Resident

It is the busy season right now, but they should be truthful about the timeframes.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:00 PM
Staging Lane

hell you should see if they'll knock some money off of it, and svae yourself some dough