Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

slp loudmouth catback in thirdgen

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 07:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have a shop do it. FWIW my 87 Iroc sounded great catless through a flowmaster muffler. The little 305 pulled 14's with 110k with just that.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ThirdGenLS1
haha well my name is justin too, but anyways i'm just trying to say that there isnt that much work at all to get a 4th gen exhaust on a 3rd gen.

And why would you just put a resinator on it and change the tips, he wants the whole cat back, that would be no different then you asking about the exhuast for your car and people saying "just put a resinator in the I-pipe".

Only difference is the hanger placement, just need to weld on a hanger in a different place, any exhuast shop can do that for no extra cash, or if you know how to weld yourself wouldnt take you more then 3 min.

Justin
what about where it meets the ypipe? im running no cats and will have a piece of pipe thats the same length in its place. ive heard of it needing an sbend or something but if it doesnt that sweet
Old 04-24-2006, 11:10 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by captaincamaro
what about where it meets the ypipe? im running no cats and will have a piece of pipe thats the same length in its place. ive heard of it needing an sbend or something but if it doesnt that sweet
I've never heard of that, i have heard of having to cut the i-pipe short about an inch, but i didnt have to do that either.

Justin
Old 04-25-2006, 03:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ThirdGenLS1
I've never heard of that, i have heard of having to cut the i-pipe short about an inch, but i didnt have to do that either.

Justin
sweet thanks man

Quick Reply: slp loudmouth catback in thirdgen