Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

slp lm problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 02:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slp lm problem

curious to know if anyone else has had a problem with their loudmouth catback. i have had mine for about 2 months and all of a sudden around 3000 rpms there is a weird sound coming from the back and only at that rpm. it sounds like a rattle at a certain rpm and then it goes away. i have checked to make sure it isn't grinding against anything and looked all around. could it be the resonator going bad? any help will be appreciated.
thanks
Old 04-23-2006, 04:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think you may have just noticed it. Around 2800 rpm's LS1's will rasp. I dont care what type of exhaust you have on your car it still does it. Some exhaust covers it up more than others. The more open the exhaust is the more you will notice it. If the exhaust is pointed at the ground like dumped it will not be as obvious.
Old 04-23-2006, 04:22 PM
Teching In

The Loud Mouths resonator can't go bad because there is nothing in it , it is a empty bullet, check all the clamps since you just put it on 2 months ago, And check the gas tank heat shield.
Old 04-23-2006, 04:25 PM
TECH Regular

I think mine does the same thing. The only time I notice it is when I am slowing down to pull back into my driveway. It almost sounds like a rumble but with slight shake sound. I've always wondered about that too.