Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing the K&N FIPK, along with a B&M deep trans pan and have questions:

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2002, 10:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing the K&N FIPK, along with a B&M deep trans pan and have questions:

I keep hearing stories that a lid, along with the FTRA is worth keeping, because the performance differance between the K&N fipk will be so close, it's not worth it. Well, I bought it to find out for myself. Every car reacts differently to different MODS. I hear that there is something you can cut on the FIPK base to get more air to the filter, what is that? I just hope going from LID/FTRA to my new setup FIPK kit will be worth it.
Also, I bought the B&M deep trans pan, to hopfully keep it running cooler. It comes with the filter neck extender, and no modifications to the dipstick is needed. To any of you people who have installed one of these, is there any kind of tricks you could let me in on?
Old 10-23-2002, 04:03 PM
TECH Resident

Default Re: Installing the K&N FIPK, along with a B&M deep trans pan and have questions:

I went from just a lid to the FIPK.. and i was very happy with it. I think the kit is as good as it gets, i wouldnt make any other mods to it. On my SS, it is no longer sealed to the hood, but the scoop will still provide some colder air at freeway speeds and such. I thought about cutting some circular holes in the black metal place under the fiter itself for more air, but honestly, i think there is plenty of air available to the filter already....
Old 10-24-2002, 12:04 AM
Launching!

Default Re: Installing the K&N FIPK, along with a B&M deep trans pan and have questions:

FIPK is very easy.I've heard of some people drilling holes in the heat shield.This makes no sense to me because you would be allowing more hot air in.You can however cut a hole in the black plastic piece in front of the radiator to allow cooler air into the engine bay.
Old 10-24-2002, 12:33 AM
On The Tree

Thanks, making more sense now. Any other comments on making the FIPK breath better?