Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone please help, bad hesitation problem, Please

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2002, 12:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone please help, bad hesitation problem, Please

I have a 94 hawk, it has a hesitation problem from 1st to only on the take off when I try to floor it, for some reason rpm goes up then it comes down real bad then it starts gaining power slowly again, like it loses power then suddenly it gains it fast, its just on take off, any info on what it can be, after that top end is great no problem, its just the take off very bad hesitation , it has 58 thousand miles its standard . If anyone has any solutions , I am exhausted with problem, please anybody, ur help would be greatly appreciated
RUDY
Old 11-01-2002, 12:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: Anyone please help, bad hesitation problem, Please

Vacuum leak. Mine did the same thing when the EGR gasket went. Hit the gas and didnt go then suddenly took off. Took 4 days and about 500 miles for the SES light to show up too.
Old 11-01-2002, 01:21 AM
Teching In

Hey sorry to ask I am not that good at this stuff what do u mean by that were is it located, I have an idea but no too sure, let me know, thanks I realy apreciate ur help
Old 11-01-2002, 01:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Oh dont worry it took me a month to figure out what was wrong. Can you feel a leak in the intake anywhere. Manifold or anything else. Mine was where the EGR went into the manifold ontop. Just listen for the leak and feel around for it sucking in air. If it sets off the SES light go to Autozone and have them read it. They do it for free.
Old 11-01-2002, 01:59 AM
Teching In

ok thanks ill give that a try see what happens, thanks, if u have anything else let me know