Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GM top end cleaner?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2002, 02:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM top end cleaner?

Where can I get it and for how much...also how does it work?
Old 11-07-2002, 06:54 PM
Teching In

Default Re: GM top end cleaner?

I got mine from the GM dealer for about $5. It comes in two different cans. You can get either an aerosol can or a normal can you have to pour. I chose the aerosol because it's easier to use.

You just spray the whole can directly into your throttle body while your car is running. The car will have a hard time idling and you might have to give it a little gas, but that's normal. Once you've emptied the can, turn your car off and let it sit between 15 and 30 minutes. Then, start your car back up and let it idle for a while. It will blow smoke like crazy, but again that is normal. Rev the engine a couple times to help get rid of the smoke, and as soon as it quits smoking, you're done.

One thing you WILL want to do once you get done is change your oil and plugs. Definately DO NOT drive your car very long AT ALL until you change you oil and plugs.

I hope this helps.
Old 11-07-2002, 11:00 PM
11 Second Club

Service mansger at dealership suggest get 2 cans of liquid , pore into plastic bottle ,punch a small hole in end of bottle ,hold finger over hole so you may control the flow of liquid,allow the first can to run into engine slow do not choke it down ,rush about 1/2 of second can into engine >> allow to choke down < let set 10-12 hours then restart and slowly pore ihe last 1/2 can in do not allow to choke down ,run untill stop smooking then run afew minutes more then >>change oil and filter <<
TO pore into engine remove the PVC value onto your plastic bottle tape a short peice of rubber hose and insert where the PVC goes down by the TB
Sorry so long the reply Johnny

PS: 5-8.00 PER CAN WORKS GREAT
Old 11-08-2002, 04:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

SS SLP2 you didn't mention changing the plugs is it a must what will happen if you dont. All I did was the oil and filter. That stuff works good.