Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Over axel True Duals..

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006 | 07:28 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by bichin95redta
I don't think $1,500 is unreasonable for an over-axle, true dual set-up. Hell, I spent $800.00 for my Kooks, and $500.00 for my Magnaflow stainless cat-back.

Meent: that's a bichin' lookin' set-up. You have no clearance problems over the panhard bar? Nothing touches the floor pans, or fuel tank heat shield?

I had a bich of a time getting the over-axle pipe on my Magnaflow to clear the fuel tank heat shield. I must have loosened, adjusted, lengthened/shortened, and clamped/un-clamped that cat-back 15 times before I finally got everything just-so.

Did the shop offer you different tail pipe options?

Are the wheels ROH Snypers?
Thanks man...no clearance problems at all, but it took them a solid 3 days to fab everything up so it was perfect (that was the vast majority of the $1500 - their labor was very intensive, especially with a Tig welder). They would have done any tips I wanted, but since I got the CME as an option on this car, I wanted to keep it (although those are new tips, as you can tell from the extra bracing). Non-CME tips probably would have cost less...it took them a long time to get them lined up, centered, and leveled perfectly (and they knew I wouldn't accept any less). This exhaust is very nice...not perfect, but nice. I also love being able to drop the whole center section for a clutch swap by removing only 4 band clamps.

The wheels are CCW SP500s. They weren't cheap either

Seems like there are a lot of people in here that will bash others to death over how much they spent on certain things. I think that's just plain rude. Yeah, some of us get taken for a ride, but others are willing to pay a little extra for no hiccups along the way. Peace of mind is worth the extra money to me...to know it was done right the first time.
Old 05-06-2006 | 08:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MeentSS02

Seems like there are a lot of people in here that will bash others to death over how much they spent on certain things.
You won't get any arguements from me over that.

I try not to be foolish with my money, but I'm a huge believer in the old saying, "You gets what you pays for."

I may not be able to buy the best there is, but I do buy the best I can afford. High-quality stuff is expensive because the best materials are used, using the best manufacturing/assembly/QC techniques. That costs the manufacturer money, so it's going to cost you money. So far, I've yet to get burned by buying the best I can afford.....but I learned that the hard way.

It kind of ties into some of the arguements I've seen over brands, and brand loyalty. There's something to be said for branding. Companies like Kooks, Comp, Lunati, AFR, and others didn't get to where they are, by putting out inferior, low-quality products.
Old 05-06-2006 | 08:55 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Amen...
Old 05-08-2006 | 12:21 PM
On The Tree

I only paid 700 for my exhaust not including the electric cutouts. It's 3.5 mandrel bent with an x to the axle, cutouts, then 3" over the axle through sweet-thunders then stock tips. The 3.5" may have been over kill and my ground clearance really suffered but I wanted the best flowing exhaust I could get. And it does detach at the neck down before it goes over and at the headers.
Old 05-08-2006 | 12:49 PM
hashtagBMW

Didnt read every post but here is my opinion.

Get the TSP kit and then have them fabricate the rest of the kit over the axle.

TSP=$400
The rest couldnt be $1100.

Good luck.