Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header and steering linkage... i think

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 05:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Header and steering linkage... i think

Ok well headers are finally done... well ok i thought they were done... now when i drive the car my steering wheel goes crazy... its hard to turn the wheel and there is alot of vibration in the steering wheel. Is this cause the header is rubbing up against the steering linkage or something else? Also the yellow ABS INOP light is on.. how do i get rid of this light? I am desperate for some help here... on the brink of selling my car cause im so frustrated with this QTP install... I waited 3 months for the headers and they turned out to be absolute crap... i highly recommend against QTP...
Old 05-14-2006, 05:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Sounds like they are hitting the steering column. Dont know what is with the ABS light, check the brakes and make sure all the electrical connectors are plugged in. QTP's are supposed to be nice headers, what is it that makes you not like them so much?? Is it just the steering column thing??
Old 05-14-2006, 06:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If my headers hit the steering column, i'd be pissed too..
Old 05-14-2006, 07:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SiL3NtXWS6
If my headers hit the steering column, i'd be pissed too..
Yeah me too, especially for the price that QTP's are!! **** Im pissed now because my pacesetters are hitting the k-member because my motor mounts are shot. I would be furious if some new expensive headers were hitting ****.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Poly-mounts are the way to go!!!
Old 05-14-2006, 10:08 PM
TECH Resident

no... not just steering linkage clearance... headers BARELY FIT. Had to cut part of the body. Also, i ordered headers with AIR and EGR fittings and they didnt even come close to lining up with where they were supposed to go... had to make custom block off plates... lets see... also we had to weld the y-pipe and heat up and bend different parts of the piping to get clearance... overall one of the worst products ive ever dealt with... for $1400... just kill me now... also now there is a ticking sound which i have heard is common, just everything is driving me nuts...
Old 05-14-2006, 10:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Damn!! You should have just got some coated pacesetters, they fit perfect, even with the emissions provisions. Glad I didnt try QTP's. Maybe you can get some money back by returning them or selling them. If I had all those issues I would get rid of them even if it comes at a loss.