Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water got up to intake. What now? ALL Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) INSIDE!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 05:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2001NBMZ28
cutout open making motorboat sounds through water puddles -

I trashed an O2 sensor that same way. I started going down a drive way and it got a little deeper than I liked. When I backed up the water came right in the cutout and took out an O2 sensor.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just tryin to help my brotha's out
Old 05-18-2006, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

This should for sure be a sticky
Old 05-18-2006, 08:59 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks very much for the replys. Thinking all codes thrown because no rear o2's with new headers. We'll see tomorrow when I throw codes again after clearing and letting it sit today. Going to get Larry from Green Light Motorsports to tune out rear o2's asap. BTW definitely changing oil tomorrow thanks for the advice I might not have thought about it.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning/209783-need-lookup-ses-code-look-here.html

it is a sticky, just need to post in the right forum (pcm, tuning)
Old 05-18-2006, 10:25 PM
TECH Veteran

I think that just now was the first time I'd been to the PCM Diagnostics & Tuning section. It might be a good idea to have the same sticky in this section and maybe the General Maintenance and Repairs section since that's where these threads usually originate. I did a few searches and couldn't come up with the info. I was looking for, so I just went out and found it elsewhere.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:41 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmm, I'll think about adding the codes to one of the existing stickies. We've got quite an expansive list of them already. Too bad they don't get readed.....

I edited the title a bit earlier to help with searching later (if anyone actually searches....).
Old 05-19-2006, 06:27 AM
12 Second Club

Originally found the SES stickey by Horist i believe. As I stated above it links you to an OBD II code search website. Very useful if you arent so new that you dont realize you need to put a "P" before the code my Vinci throws out otherwise you get nothing from that sticky. Now, as for how stupid I am well thats very debatable. I did however do more research after my second post and figured out the problem myself prior to the DTC list being posted. None the less thank you for the work on compiling and posting as I dont think too much information is ever too much. In closing many people on this site Im sure are like me and have probably done thousands of searches and it is a great tool but sometimes you just miss what your looking for.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:45 AM
TECH Addict

If you have an air compressor I'd blow out all the connectors especially if you live near the coast and got some saltwater in there. Also remove the Relay/Fuse Panel cover and blow that out too. Us a long skinny nozzle and anywhere the nozzle will reach hit it with compressed air. Not too high: 35 or 40 lb will be enough.
Old 05-19-2006, 02:02 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks for the tip. Everything seems to be running good after servicing today. Guess Ill find out next time it rains if I fixed the problem. Still think Air lid being open in front allowed water to get sucked right in over top of filter. Found out how to make the clasps hold tight, front lip of box needed to be pushed towards engine. Just loosened bellow and got it where it should have been clasps tight now. Lesson learned.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:28 PM
TECH Addict

A lid is your friend as long as it's air your trying to ram in there and not water. You're lucky. You could have gotten water thru your intake and hydrauliced you motor.

Quick Reply: Water got up to intake. What now? ALL Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) INSIDE!