Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 02:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!

im taking off my exhaust and i have one pipe that is stuck. lucky for me its the one right over the axel so i cant take anything off until i get this 2 foot section piece off. i want to keep the exhaust cuz i plan on selling it otherwise i would just cut the bitch off. it was held on by one of those U clamps and was just a little to tight and it kinda krimpt it. its loose, i can twist it a little and move side to side a little but it just wont come out. ive used WD-40, heat and other little none working ideas. i need this off tonight, any ideas would help!!....thanks
Old 05-21-2006, 02:34 PM
TECH Addict

dude good luck i had to cut mine....you can get it out...car needs to high enough thats the key!
Also try removing some things...like PHB maybe...if thats in the way..
good luck
Old 05-21-2006, 02:53 PM
12 Second Club

i got it high enough and have remove some things like you said it just wont come out. if i do cut it, its possible for it to be welded back on correct!
Old 05-21-2006, 04:06 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have the car high enough on the jack stands, you need to remove the stiffening brace and the panhard bar, and unbolt the passenger shock absorber to allow the rear axle to drop down enough in order to allow you to remove rear y-tail pipe section, and rear intermediate pipe in once piece.

It's a lot of work trying going this route - best of luck.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:57 PM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stick a screwdrive in the slip-joint and tap it in. You might also try some penetrating oil.

When I removed my factory Y pipe from the I pipe, I had to put a big *** ratchet strap from the y-pipe to the K-member and sinch it down hella tight. Then I had to HANG upside down from the y-pipe while beating it with a hammer. After about 10 minutes it gave up, flew out, and almost knocked me out cold.