Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How Much Does The Fast Flow?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 01:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Much Does The Fast Flow?

Does anyone know how much the FAST intake flows? I can't seem to find anything anywhere that tells what this intake actually flows.

Thanks
Old 05-22-2006, 01:54 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There is some info on it floating around this site...i promise. you just have to look in the right places. I will see if I can find something as well.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:22 PM
Flow Wizard

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The better question to ask is "how much does it hurt the intake port flow"....If it flows 400 CFM's by itself (which it doesn't) but it knocks your 300 CFM intake port down by 50 CFM's, its not very effective. When I test an intake I test it by flowing an intake port of known value and seeing how much the manifold reduces that value by....ultimately, that's all the airflow your engine will actually see. A really good intake won't severely hurt the numbers your cylinder head flows (when tested with a radius plate)....a really poor intake will knock the numbers down significantly. Of course other factors such as runner length come into play, but if your looking purely at flow, the better intake will allow the cylinder head to get closer to its peak flow potential.

An LS6 intake takes a 300 CFM intake port down about 40-45 CFM....A stock FAST will knock a 300 CFM intake down 35 or so and a properly ported FAST will knock a 300 CFM intake port down around 25-30 CFM's which while that may sound like alot, most ported single plane race intakes will show you close to the same (unless a considerable amount of time is invested which may include epoxy in some of the low flowing area's).

BTW, an LS1 intake will hurt an intake port about 5-7 CFM's more than an LS6 (as witnessed by the power results)....I would imagine the new LS2 intake is probably close to the same based on the dyno results. Still trying to figure out how GM dropped the ball there...

Hope this info helps...

Tony M.

Last edited by Tony Mamo @ AFR; 05-22-2006 at 02:29 PM.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:34 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn Tony, you sound like you really know your stuff. Thanks!!

I was just wondering because I read somewhere where someone flowed 330 cfm through LS7 intake and LS7 heads (I don't know how much truth there is to this, honestly). Since thats obviously not an option for me, I was hoping to find an intake somewhat comparable to the LS7. I guess a ported FAST is about as close as it gets. Thanks again...
Old 05-22-2006, 04:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this what your looking for?