Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

135* angled spark plug wires

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 10:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 135* angled spark plug wires

I have a set of taylor 135* plug wires that will work perfect with my custom headers. Only thing is...they don't come with the coil hookup for ls1s. I see that MSD doesn't make anything other than straight and 90*s. I'm in a little bit of a pickle because I *have* to use these 135s. Any ideas?
Old 05-27-2006, 03:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WestSide
I have a set of taylor 135* plug wires that will work perfect with my custom headers. Only thing is...they don't come with the coil hookup for ls1s. I see that MSD doesn't make anything other than straight and 90*s. I'm in a little bit of a pickle because I *have* to use these 135s. Any ideas?
I bought the 90* Taylors because when I relocated my coils I wanted to hide the plug wires too. I routed them between the heads and headers. Can't even see the black wires, pretty trick.

If you buy the universal 135* boot kit and the LT1 optispark ends(same as the LS1 coil end) with crimper tool you can make your own plug wires. I did!!!
Old 05-27-2006, 05:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK#608
I bought the 90* Taylors because when I relocated my coils I wanted to hide the plug wires too. I routed them between the heads and headers. Can't even see the black wires, pretty trick.

If you buy the universal 135* boot kit and the LT1 optispark ends(same as the LS1 coil end) with crimper tool you can make your own plug wires. I did!!!
I should be able to buy the LT1 opti ends by themselves, at least I think. Thanks! Let me know when your relocation kit is done, already had my eye on them.
Old 05-27-2006, 05:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So you think these will work with my 8mm taylor 135s?

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductD...tnumber=170064

with the tool of course
Old 05-27-2006, 06:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WestSide
I should be able to buy the LT1 opti ends by themselves, at least I think. Thanks! Let me know when your relocation kit is done, already had my eye on them.
I did get the kit done. Here's a thread showing the prototype photos.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ight=prototype

p.s.- That link you posted below only shows the main page. We couldn't see what you were referring to. If you call Thunder Racing they have the LT1 opti-ends and the crimp tool. Good luck!