Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cutouts?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 10:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cutouts?

What would be better, to put two electric cutouts right behind the headers in place of the cats, or install one in the i pipe. Does anyone have the setup where its right behind the headers???? Any input or advice would be great. Thanks
Old 05-29-2006, 11:06 AM
TECH Addict

well if you put them right behind the headers your gonna have a ground clearance issue, most of the guys with cutouts put them in the I pipe or right by the muffler where the pipe goes over the axle. I myself put it in the I pipe right underneath the passenger side seat, there is a hole or dent in the floorboard that gives your plenty of room and no ground clearance issues. oh yeah and its plenty loud aswell lol.
Old 05-29-2006, 01:29 PM
Launching!

where do u guys put the eletric buttons? any pics of ustom modded buttons?
Old 05-29-2006, 02:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Read this...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/513037-electric-cutouts.html

I couple of good ideas for mounting the switch are in that thread. Check Page 2.
Old 05-29-2006, 02:10 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Search, we've gone over this time and time again.
Old 05-29-2006, 02:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

why even reply if all your going to say is SEARCH? i see this all day every day. if you go through all of that you might as well try and help. thast just me.
Old 05-29-2006, 02:21 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 00pewterWS6TA
why even reply if all your going to say is SEARCH? i see this all day every day. if you go through all of that you might as well try and help. thast just me.
Here's why that's all I'm going to say....

If he had SEARCHED in the first place, he would have found enough threads to answer his questions in LESS than the amount of time it took him to type out the first post. This would have saved him time, as well as helped out the people who have genuine questions that need more attention by allowing people to focus more of their TIME on those threads.
Old 05-29-2006, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It does not even require using the "Search" function most times It just entails reading the first page of threads in a couple of sections. I'm not big on just saying "use the search" but when you read the exact same threads over and over and over I can see why the mod's get aggravated.

I've just starting putting links to other threads now when the question comes up that have been answered before. Helps the person out without having to explain everything 100 times and without having to post "Use the search".

The funny (or sad) part is some folks won't even read the links they are just so lazy! I'm not talking about this thread so no outbursts please.