Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What part is this?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 06:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What part is this?

Sorry to be posting this stupid question but i just noticed this "hose" was broke on my camaro earlier today and have been searching ever since to try and find out what it is, with no luck so far, and if it could be the cause of the slight hesitation that i feel at low rpms. i'm posting up some pics i took so if someone could let me know what i need to be looking for i would appriciate it. oh and if it's one of those dealer only parts and you know a part number i would really appriciate it. thanks again everyone.....Zac

Old 06-01-2006, 06:15 PM
Launching!

its to do with the pcv system and yes only a dealer part but dont know number,mine was had a little tear but i put silicone on it to seal it
Old 06-01-2006, 10:56 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes that's the PCV tube, it crosses over to the passenger side and hits a Y junction. Mine broke in the EXACT same way (98 model too).

I used some hose off of my AIR system to make a frankenstein'd setup. Here's some pics of it below. A piece of 3/8" fuel line will slip onto that valve cover fitting no problem. I ran this into a larger inner diameter piece of hose which I used as a bushing to fit over the stock Y connector. I had to bore out the big hose to fit over the Y with my pocket knife, then secured it with a zip-tie.

The big hose functions like a bushing to get up to the right diameter. The long side of the Y junction goes to the PCV valve, then up to the manifold behind the throttle body. The short side of the Y goes to the passenger side valve cover for more PCV suction.

Everything left of the ziptie is factory, everything to the right is, umm, custom. I said to hell with the stealership.

Old 06-02-2006, 07:51 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for telling me what it is guys. now my big question is is this something i need to fix asap or can it wait a few days? and would it have anything to do with the hesitation that i'm feeling at low rpms? i changed my spark plugs before i read any threads on here and i'm in the process of ordering some Z06 injectors. so if that doesn't fix the problem i don't know what it is. thanks a bunch for all your help.....Zac
Old 06-02-2006, 09:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

basically, it is acting like a vaccum leak, so yes that could be some of your hesititaion.
Old 06-02-2006, 03:51 PM
On The Tree

ok. thanks to everyone for all the help. i don't know what i'll do to fix it. i'll figure something out. thanks again..........Zac
Old 06-02-2006, 11:20 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's some pics of my butchered system installed on this page.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/510827-98-pcv-system-different.html