Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mti Tb

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 08:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mti Tb

ok so heres the deal i bought a used MTI TB and its in great shape, practicly brand new. but the thing is, when i hooked it up to my LS6 intake mani and i put the pedal to the floor it would NOT open all the way!!!

with that said i made a post on THIS site and lots of peeps told me to switch out the shaft and cam that the cable hooks up to(just adjusting the cable was not enough) WELL it turnes out that the stock shaft and cam DOES NOT FIT!!! in the MTI TB. so now what do i do?
any help from people who acctually know what they are talking about is appretiated and thank you VERY much.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:55 PM
TECH Regular

Is the cam hitting the bump stop before it is pulled all the way open?
Old 06-12-2006, 10:56 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You could try calling MTI, they are a great group of guys. I've never messed with one, but the TB shaft is the only thing I can imagine.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:15 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1Lust
Is the cam hitting the bump stop before it is pulled all the way open?

no the cam is about 1/4 inch away from the bump stop when the pedal is at the floor.

and blur i thought of it but i was going to try this first

everybody. sorry if i came out to be an *** in my first post i was really frusterated and this TB is begining to be more of a problem than its worth.

the shaft on the stocker is just a tad wider than the MTI one. i guess ima just have to mess with it more and worst come to worst if i cant figure it out ima sell it.