Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hooker vs. Pacesetter Headers

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 08:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hooker vs. Pacesetter Headers

i am debating between buy a set of used Hooker Super Comp. ceramic coated headers or new Pacesetter ceramics i was wondering which one generally yields more hp gains.....
Thanks wldesyWS6
Old 06-15-2006, 08:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Equal power.

Check the induction and exhaust guide STICKY at the top of this forum.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139142

From that post:
When buying long tubes what you are paying for is fitment, quality, fit and finish. All LT's dyno within the same net gain.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

ive already read it...it doesnt say anything about how much each gains or what is better than what besides QTP/Kooks are top i want used QTPs but cant find them so need to know peoples experiencs/knowledge w/ Hooker vs. Pacesetter as far as gains
Old 06-15-2006, 08:31 PM
11 Second Club

Then you need to give the search button an excercise. Questions like this have been answered in depth ad infinum and you will find much more information searching and reading twenty threads then waiting for peopel to respond to your single thread.

If I were to buy headers right now I would go all out and get stainless or take the economical route and buy coated pacesetters.

Originally Posted by wldesyWS6
peoples experiencs/knowledge w/ Hooker vs. Pacesetter as far as gains
Consider the gains as identical.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

k thanks
Old 06-16-2006, 10:41 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Pacesetters headers are the only mild steel headers I'd buy, no reason to get the Hookers unless you like your O2 bungs in the wrong spot.

I might have a set of coated race Pacesetters for sale pretty soon, little surface rust by the collectors that all of them get after a few months on the road, but they look perfect from under the hood. $200?

Edit - Stop PMing me people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They aren't for sale yet, and probably won't be for a while if at all! I've gotten 4 PM's already. I haven't checked to see how much they are going for, thus the ?, and I need to raise as much $$ as I can, as Kooks 1-7/8's are not cheap.

Last edited by TheBlurLS1; 06-17-2006 at 12:40 AM.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Hooker spent a lot of time R&Ding the design that Hooker, Flow-Tech, Jet-Hot and Pacesetter use. The other (less Hooker) can offer the Hooker design at a lower cost due to very little engineering development effort budgetted into the production, since much was not needed. Jet-Hot made the change to the O2 sensor bung location to the inside, where as Hooker left it on the OEM side (I prefer the Hooker method). The other two (Pacesetter and Flow-Tech) also changed the flange thicknesses and gauge of the primaries for better or worse, respectively. I have installed all four sets on various vehicles, and I prefer the Hookers because they spent time and money to bring us an affordable and (now) proven design long tube header for the LS1 F-body (vs. SLP design). I am not saying the others are not good, they are (even Flow-Tech, although their QC is at the bottom of the four) and have great fitment quality. So bottom line is get the LTs that you feel comfortable paying for, these four (Hooker, Pacesetters, Jet-Hot and Flow-Tech) perform identical.

Just my $0.25.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:54 AM
10 Second Club

Used Kooks for sale. These are ultra nice headers...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts-sale/521149-injectors-ported-tb-jesel-rockers-kooks-lt-s-more.html
Old 06-16-2006, 01:43 PM
That's what she said...

Originally Posted by 12secSS
Hooker spent a lot of time R&Ding the design that Hooker, Flow-Tech, Jet-Hot and Pacesetter use. The other (less Hooker) can offer the Hooker design at a lower cost due to very little engineering development effort budgetted into the production, since much was not needed. Jet-Hot made the change to the O2 sensor bung location to the inside, where as Hooker left it on the OEM side (I prefer the Hooker method). The other two (Pacesetter and Flow-Tech) also changed the flange thicknesses and gauge of the primaries for better or worse, respectively. I have installed all four sets on various vehicles, and I prefer the Hookers because they spent time and money to bring us an affordable and (now) proven design long tube header for the LS1 F-body (vs. SLP design). I am not saying the others are not good, they are (even Flow-Tech, although their QC is at the bottom of the four) and have great fitment quality. So bottom line is get the LTs that you feel comfortable paying for, these four (Hooker, Pacesetters, Jet-Hot and Flow-Tech) perform identical.

Just my $0.25.
My bad! I thought the Hookers had the O2 bungs on the outside for some reason, I remember now.

BTW - You're only allowed $0.10 around here....
Old 06-16-2006, 02:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Oh no, they do. Hookers O2 bungs are on the outside, everyone else (less Flow-Tech) has them on the inside. Unless they recently changed them.

My $-0.15.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:11 PM
That's what she said...

Originally Posted by 12secSS
Oh no, they do. Hookers O2 bungs are on the outside, everyone else (less Flow-Tech) has them on the inside. Unless they recently changed them.

My $-0.15.
I'm such a DEE-De-DEEE sometimes, I misread 1st your post.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:32 PM
On The Tree

I love my Hookers, and yes bungs are on outside, no clearance issues..

Quick Reply: Hooker vs. Pacesetter Headers