Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KOOKS or QTP

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 08:15 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 01_ram-air
People that have QTP headers will say to chose QTP. People that have Kooks will say to buy Kooks. Just pick one, both are going to be about equal.
I beg to differ; I just got my QTP headers and catted Y pipe and after a careful examination I've come to the conclusion you should go with Kooks.
The catted Y pipe is a piece of ill fitting junk and one of the HVMC was dented which caused the HVMC to be egg shaped.

Customer service you ask? .....Well its supposed to be like that, its just like all the others we make, can't happen as we have never ever had that problem before, there is nothing wrong with it, you don't know what your doing, etc.... You know, the customer is always wrong- no matter what "position". I've heard others speak of this and I had assumed that customer service couldn't be that bad and that they must not be mechanically inclined enough to make it fit..... you know - there are two sides to every story thing...geesh I guess I was wrong.

Yep, I'm a mechanical/aerospace engineer, I don't know what I'm doing,.... yeeaaaa rrrrrright!!!!!!!
Old 07-08-2006, 09:09 AM
TECH Resident

got kooks here... luv em

love my extra inch of ground clearance too
Old 07-08-2006, 09:40 AM
TECH Regular

I have pictures of my kooks to post but they are 665kb to big to down load and I am no computer whiz so dont know how to change them perhaps I could send them to someone on here and they could post them for me?
BTW Zl1 killa I see you have a Nick willam TB and fast 90 intake and you gained 15 or so hp did notice any driveabilty problems or would you recomend doing this on a motor with stock internals etc?

Last edited by Z28XTC; 07-08-2006 at 09:47 AM.