Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any word on the JPR EWP or the new Meziere unit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2003, 05:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Any word on the JPR EWP or the new Meziere unit?

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by verbs:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Fenris Ulf:
<strong> When can you sell it Joe? Thanks! </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Fenris Ulf:
<strong> How soon can we buy one? </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Cut the guy some slack Fenris......

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by JPR:
<strong> I don't need any more undue stress right now anticipating a release date </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"></strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have had one on order since last may, thanks though Verbs.
Old 04-12-2003, 06:26 PM
TECH Junkie

It kinda sucks that some red tape is what has held this thing up for so long.
Old 04-14-2003, 02:09 AM
al
TECH Enthusiast

This is somewhat off the subject but at the track yesterday I noticed that some of the guys had no water pump at all. (they did have a cooling system unlike top fule cars because they had a radiator and fan)They had a steel hollow tube in place of the water pump with a steel braided hose going to the hollow tube. I know that all these cars have to do is get down the 1/4 but do they have some other kind of relocated electric water pump. I looked and I couldn`t see where the hose ran to. If they do have a relocated electric water pump would this be a good idea for our cars?
Old 04-14-2003, 02:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by al:
<strong> This is somewhat off the subject but at the track yesterday I noticed that some of the guys had no water pump at all. (they did have a cooling system unlike top fule cars because they had a radiator and fan)They had a steel hollow tube in place of the water pump with a steel braided hose going to the hollow tube. I know that all these cars have to do is get down the 1/4 but do they have some other kind of relocated electric water pump. I looked and I couldn`t see where the hose ran to. If they do have a relocated electric water pump would this be a good idea for our cars? </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They will either have a EWP inline with the hose or mounted off the radiator itself on the lower side facing the motor.
Old 04-14-2003, 10:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cars that have the ability to start themselves AND motor to the staging lanes under their own power must have a cooling system. This might include a horizontal mounted radiator or a remote mounted water pump. Cars in the Top Fuel or Alcohol classes be they dragsters or funny cars can not start on their own or make it to the staging lanes without a tow. This negates the need for a cooling system and starting system. The car you refer to was NOT in this category
Old 04-15-2003, 02:24 AM
al
TECH Enthusiast

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by eallanboggs:
<strong> Cars that have the ability to start themselves AND motor to the staging lanes under their own power must have a cooling system. This might include a horizontal mounted radiator or a remote mounted water pump. Cars in the Top Fuel or Alcohol classes be they dragsters or funny cars can not start on their own or make it to the staging lanes without a tow. This negates the need for a cooling system and starting system. The car you refer to was NOT in this category </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes at the NHRA event this week end like you mentioned these were the guys that drive themselves to the christmas tree and back to the pits without a tow and some of these cars did have a horizantal radiaor like you said. The post right befor yours did in fact say that these cars have a relocated electric water pump. Do these relocated electric pumps flow enough to cool a every day driver here in the hot stop and go traffic here in Houston or is this setup just enough to get you down the track and back to the pits. I realy doubt this setup will work for a daily driver or we would have already heard about it. One more thing, I know that our LS1 cars don`t have altanaters but these guys had belt driven alternates that ran off the front of the cam. Anyways my question is will one of these relocated electric water pumps work on a street car.
Old 04-15-2003, 09:32 PM
10 Second Club

sounds great Joe!! can't wait to see what it looks like
Old 04-17-2003, 08:24 PM
TECH Junkie

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Fenris Ulf:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by verbs:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Fenris Ulf:
<strong> When can you sell it Joe? Thanks! </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Fenris Ulf:
<strong> How soon can we buy one? </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Cut the guy some slack Fenris......

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by JPR:
<strong> I don't need any more undue stress right now anticipating a release date </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"></strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have had one on order since last may, thanks though Verbs. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I guess that entitles you to a different answer than the one he gave everyone else.
Old 04-27-2003, 03:51 PM
TECH Addict

ttt
Old 05-16-2003, 07:58 PM
TECH Addict

Old 05-21-2003, 01:13 PM
On The Tree

any news yet are they available?
Old 05-21-2003, 02:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Definately want one when they come out.
Old 05-21-2003, 03:44 PM
TECH Addict

Old 05-26-2003, 08:30 AM
Staging Lane

ttt
Old 05-26-2003, 08:53 AM
JPR
TECH Fanatic

Tom's out of town for the Holiday, I will know tommorow.
Joe.
Old 05-28-2003, 07:36 AM
On The Tree

Any reason I couldn't run the mezier unit they have out now. My ls1 is going in a kit car so I only need to run the alt. What are the down sides to having no thermostat? I could always use the computer to turn the water pump on/off at x degrees. Wouldn't his act similar to a thermo, no coolant flow to allow the engine to warm up, then it would flow when it's warm. Any thoughts.
mark
Old 05-28-2003, 06:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks Joe, keep us posted...