Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wierd hesitation/ shudder, cant figure it out???

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2003, 10:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default wierd hesitation/ shudder, cant figure it out???

Yesterday, driving home from work, right when I pulled onto the road, I noticed my car had a terrible vibration. My shifter was shaking real bad. While cruising, my car seems just fine, but under laod it vibrates/ shudders bad, as if theres a miss. When I got home, I reved the engine in the driveway a few times, and heard a wierd clunky type noise while the engine was decelerating. I leaned under the car, and this noise is comming from the cats it sounds like. Earlier yesterday, while at lunch, there was this dip in the parking lot that I didnt see, and hit something uder my car, sounded like a scrape, I thought it was jsut the front bumper or the plastic air dam underneath. I drove my car home, and back to work with no problems. This morning, when I started my car, still has the same problem as last night. I A-taped it on the way to work, no mis-fire codes, no timing is being pulled, no KR. AF ratio is a little off, because of no tuning after headers, but other than that, cant see anyhting. Well when I got to work, I was a little early, so I decided to do a quick WOT run, so see how that would react.....everything seemed fine. When I got near red line it hesitated a little, but other than that, doesnt really feel like any loss in power. What do you think could be causing this? I was thinking bad cat maybe (maybe inside came loose when I hit bottom? I have carsound cats) Or bad gas crossed my mind, but the tank was on 1/4, so I went through a whole tank without any problems. I did get gas before the WOT run this morning, but seemed to be clearing up before I got to the gas station. I just cant really think of what it could be. Holy crap this is a long post, lol, any suggestions are greatly appreciated. TIA

<small>[ April 18, 2003, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: Arctic98Z ]</small>