Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 04-25-2016, 04:07 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Air Intake and Exhaust Guides
Print Wikipost

True Duals, questions answered here. Post YOUR information and pics too!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 05:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well heres my true duals I plan on doing a bit more but all and all love the system I think i will have it HPC coated now thats winter is here and Ill position the mufflers better
Attached Thumbnails True Duals, questions answered here. Post YOUR information and pics too!-image0010.jpg   True Duals, questions answered here. Post YOUR information and pics too!-image009.jpg   True Duals, questions answered here. Post YOUR information and pics too!-image001.jpg   True Duals, questions answered here. Post YOUR information and pics too!-image039.jpg   True Duals, questions answered here. Post YOUR information and pics too!-image034.jpg  

Old 11-09-2007, 09:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Hawk#153
the tubing itself was a kit from Flowmaster "U-fit Dual Kit" $220 wich included an H crossover pipe, that I never used. I ordered the mufflers seperate and the X pipe is custom.The mufflers are now painted flat black on the bottom half so they dont stick out like a sore thumb. I am 100% satisfied with the set up,the pictures do it no justice. The sound I am pleased with,there is nothing quiet about it and if you do not want attention drawn to you then I would not reccomend this setup.
oh yeah you will need a BMR relocation kit to make room for the BIG *** pipes over the axle
That is a nice setup. Where did you buy the kit from?
Old 11-10-2007, 09:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Do you know the part number for the kit and is it availalbe in 2 1/2 inch ?
Old 11-10-2007, 08:48 PM
Staging Lane

pm's sent
Old 11-12-2007, 09:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the information..
Old 11-12-2007, 07:11 PM

Default Bassani true duals x with headers

I have a 2000 z28 camaro, I want to install the bassani true duals x kit with headers. I know the kit bolts directly to the stock cat pipe but are there any headers i can bolt together with this system? I would like to stay with Long tubes or mid tubes no shortys. Minor mods is ok but welding is not an option. Any help would be good.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Wanting To Go Out The Back

I just bought a True dual kit with single chamber flowmasters dumped at the axel. I was wondering if anybody had any pics of a setup like this run out the back OVER the axel. I have looked through this thread some but didnt find ony that I could see. Does anybody have any info on switching a once dumped kit to over the axel kit ? Thanks
Old 11-22-2007, 04:46 PM
On The Tree

Here is my exhaust setup.

Headers: Pacesetter Long Tubes, Ceramic Coated

Texas Speed Trual Duals, 3 inches all the way back. Dynomax bullets were originally on the setup, recently changed to SLP Shotgun Resonators (thanks SSwt00SS)

Sound: Reasonable at highway speeds, low growl. Cold starts are LOUD, with the bullet mufflers the setup was very deep, under 2,000rpm it's no louder than any other catback setup.
With the SLP Resonators nothing is modest, or subtle. You will be followed by cops (happened today) you will get noticed, a lot. It is VERY, VERY loud. NOT to be used on a DD setup.
Soundclips - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VaCy9jgo58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDkdUy2u228

Verdict: Great for power, if clearance is an issue, get stiffer shocks because the setup will scrape on a lowered car, and in my case with 16inch wheels. Keep the mufflers that come with the setup unless you like to be noticed! :thumbup:
Previous Setup:
Name:  P1000082.jpg
Views: 763
Size:  106.7 KB Name:  P1000083.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  100.1 KB Name:  P1000069.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  107.3 KB Name:  P1000068.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  92.7 KB
New Setup:
Name:  P1000195.jpg
Views: 863
Size:  85.2 KB Name:  P1000196.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  67.1 KB
Old 11-23-2007, 01:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rottluver
I believe on the F-Body cars, an X-pipe is THE way to go. Something about backpressure that the LSx motors love/need. And those Sweet Thunders are I had em on my TD setup and DAMN were they loud/sexy sounding.
YOU DO NOT WANT BACKPRESSURE. Thats is the most overused wife's tail of the exhaust world. You want scavenging, and thats what the x-pipe does, it pulls the exhaust better.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by LivingCanvas
YOU DO NOT WANT BACKPRESSURE. Thats is the most overused wife's tail of the exhaust world. You want scavenging, and thats what the x-pipe does, it pulls the exhaust better.
Dude, take a breath. Either way the x-pipe is the correct answer and that is what I suggested. No need to flip over what you think is a wrong answer. :shrug:
Old 11-24-2007, 08:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rottluver
Dude, take a breath. Either way the x-pipe is the correct answer and that is what I suggested. No need to flip over what you think is a wrong answer. :shrug:
I dont think he was fliiping out i think he was just trying to get across the right answer of WHY X-pipes are preferred
Old 11-25-2007, 12:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Eatinstang4life
I dont think he was fliiping out i think he was just trying to get across the right answer of WHY X-pipes are preferred
Perhaps "flip out" was a strong term.....it was the all capitals (which on the internet seems to be associated with strong feelings/yelling.

Either way, I guess my point is just........no biggie.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah i just get tired of seeing that everywhere, thats all. Its a rediculous statement if you think about it. Your basically saying that if I go stick a potato in one of my tail pipes, it'll run better...
Old 11-25-2007, 03:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah i just get tired of seeing that everywhere, thats all. Its a rediculous statement if you think about it. Your basically saying that if I go stick a potato in one of my tail pipes, it'll run better...
Ok, now I never said anything of the sort (or insinuated that) but I do know that my LoudMouth catback was faster, quicker to respond (it also revved better) and more fun to drive than my 3" mandrel bent, X-pipe'd, over the axle setup. It drove better, ran better & was actually faster at the track (marginally).

I really don't think that anyone was suggesting clogging up these engines is the way to go, but everything I had read, heard from people who have worked on these LS series engines for years, etc all say a "LITTLE" backpressure is a good thing. If they are all wrong, then oh well. My 1st hand experience is that my car seemed to like the single exit catback more than the full on true duals. :shrug:

As I said before, no biggie, just one of those things.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats funny because my car gained alot of power when I got rid of my raspy LM exhaust and got a 3" dual with x pipe set up. Mine dumps at the axle. To the tune of 15 low end lb-ft
Old 11-26-2007, 12:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Thats funny because my car gained alot of power when I got rid of my raspy LM exhaust and got a 3" dual with x pipe set up. Mine dumps at the axle. To the tune of 15 low end lb-ft
Dunno what to tell ya, I dyno'd my car with the LM and then within a week of getting the TD's done & the results were basically no change with the TD's. I don't recall the numbers off the top of my head but the numbers didn't move more than 1 or 2 up or down. It was kinda weird. Temps were within 5 degrees of each other on the 2 days, it was only a month in between the 2 dyno runs and though they weren't done at the same place, the car didn't feel stronger overall with the duals. It DID feel stronger on the top end and I did pick up 1.5 MPH in the 1/4, but the times were nearly identical. I honestly think that if I had a power adder or more cubic inches, I would have benefited from that exhaust a lot more. I also had cats in my system with the duals and magnaflow mufflers, which probably don't flow as well as the LM tin can.

I am not trying to say that it is the same for everyone, obviously every car is different, just relating my experience with this subject.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:19 PM
11 Second Club

I have edelbrock longtubes for thoes who dont know their 1 3/4" stepped to 1 7/8" with a 3.5" collector, with their ORY and the slp loudmouth II cat back.

I would like to make 550rwhp on a 150 shot, would my curent exhaust set up hurt me at that power level?

Ive come to hate my exhaust tips and would like TD's but only if it would be worth it. ive also thought about removing the part of the cat back that goes over the axle and dumping it befor the axle, it would flow better imo because it does not have to go threw the extra piping and i can ! my tips.

any thoughts?
Old 11-27-2007, 09:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

All I can tell you is I gained better low end power with my TD's (with a little high end). And they sound much better than the loudmouth IMO. I also hated the tips look, and now I think my car looks much better without them.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:27 PM
TECH Veteran

All I can tell you is I gained better low end power with my TD's (with a little high end). And they sound much better than the loudmouth IMO. I also hated the tips look, and now I think my car looks much better without them.
Okie dokie.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:27 PM
12 Second Club

Just installed my TSP true dual system yesterday, incredible difference in sound over my ORY and Magnaflow catback. Amazingly, the biggest difference is actually how much quieter the car is now!? For the life of me I thought it'd be a bit louder but supprisingly it's got a much deeper and far less raspy tone, dare I say it's almost 'Mustang' like, proabably because Stangs have been using true duals for ages now. In either event, I truly enjoy my TD and highly reccomend it to anybody considering making the switch.

Name:  DSC03267.jpg
Views: 574
Size:  74.0 KB
Name:  DSC03266.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  92.8 KB

Quick Reply: True Duals, questions answered here. Post YOUR information and pics too!