Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EGR LS6 intake

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 04:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes I used MSN photo share thingy so let me know if you can't download them and enlarge them, I took 6mp pics with fine quality so if I need to send them as attachments I can do so.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went through this 2 weeks ago. Same problem, however, I had all the connections. I ended up cutting the silver casing off of the EGR Pipe. Essentially the piece that you would bolt to the old LS1 intake. Once you cut the silver mounting piece off (the part that Install University says to cut, I cut it off completely) you should have access to the alluminum EGR Pipe. Once you have just the pipe exposed you need to push the Pipe through the nut (the one that you will need to order from SLP along with the rivet ring). Place the rivet ring onto of the bolt (if you will) and then take the EGR Pipe with the nut attached and then screw it down onto the intake. Then you are done.
Now, I drove it for about 4 days and on the 4th day I threw a P0410 code (Secondary Air Injection System Malfunction). I'm still currently trying to fix this issue to no luck however. Oh by the way, I used an inpack (s/p) cutter (the tool you connect to an Air compressor like an inpack wrench). If you don't have access to one of these, then I suggest buying a Drimel and use it to cut the EGR fitting. Let me know if you need to see pictures. Good Luck!
Old 07-10-2006, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by crazychucky8
I went through this 2 weeks ago. Same problem, however, I had all the connections. I ended up cutting the silver casing off of the EGR Pipe. Essentially the piece that you would bolt to the old LS1 intake. Once you cut the silver mounting piece off (the part that Install University says to cut, I cut it off completely) you should have access to the alluminum EGR Pipe. Once you have just the pipe exposed you need to push the Pipe through the nut (the one that you will need to order from SLP along with the rivet ring). Place the rivet ring onto of the bolt (if you will) and then take the EGR Pipe with the nut attached and then screw it down onto the intake. Then you are done.
Now, I drove it for about 4 days and on the 4th day I threw a P0410 code (Secondary Air Injection System Malfunction). I'm still currently trying to fix this issue to no luck however. Oh by the way, I used an inpack (s/p) cutter (the tool you connect to an Air compressor like an inpack wrench). If you don't have access to one of these, then I suggest buying a Drimel and use it to cut the EGR fitting. Let me know if you need to see pictures. Good Luck!
Yes, if you can send pics it would be really helpful. So I would cut off the metal part on the EGR pipe?? If you look at the pics on the 1st page where installuniversity cut it is exactly how I did it....Did i **** up???
Old 07-10-2006, 06:38 PM
On The Tree

Here are the instructions http://www.slponline.com/inst/30041.pdf. The fitting is a "swagelok" (www.swagelok.com) and you will most likely need to get a replacement nut and ferrules from them directly.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:06 PM
Staging Lane

SSmokin99 - I did everything the instructions said except I did not use the Swagelok. Instead I cut the RGR Return Line (the silver part that sticks inside the intake) completely off and then pushed the nut onto the EGR Pipe. Then I placed the brass fitting onto of the intake bolt and then screwed the EGR Pipe onto the intake.The brass fitting or Ferrule flanges the pipe out so that it makes an air tight fit onto the intake. I didn't have the chance to take pictures, however, I made the Pipe look exactly like how it is pictured in the instructions (photo # 2).