Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibration with true duals / Not liking the exhaust note

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 05:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
thanks a lot.. sounds really really nice. i guess i need LTs... jsut for the hell of it, do you have the one revving????

Thanks!!
I dont have one, but i can go make one if you want. Do you want just a rev, idling?
Old 07-24-2006, 06:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LiveDakota
I dont have one, but i can go make one if you want. Do you want just a rev, idling?

both if you want too..
Old 07-24-2006, 06:45 PM
On The Tree

both if you want too..
Here ya go. All i had was my small digi cam, hope these help.

http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m...cture-4006.flv
http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m...cture-4007.flv
Old 07-24-2006, 06:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

lol you are quick.. i guess i need LTs.. did you hear mine?? Does it sound like yours at all??
Old 07-24-2006, 07:05 PM
On The Tree

lol you are quick.. i guess i need LTs.. did you hear mine?? Does it sound like yours at all??
Mine sounds a lot different than yours. But i have no cats, different mufflers, LT's and its dumped. It sounds better than the videos, but you know these digi cams are the best for capturing sound. Once you switch to LT's you'll be a lot happier and if not, then i would recomment just replacing the mufflers next. Try a more free flowing type, like bullits or something along those lines. I think that would put you a lot closer to the sound you are looking for.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:16 PM
Tech Resident

no flowmaster they choke HP
see, that is your biggest problem. ^^^that statement.

you're totally confused with the mufflers. the flowmaster 80 series CATBACK is the one that chokes your horsepower. that's what you want to stay away from. the flowmaster SINGLE CHAMBERS are 6 1/2 inch baby mufflers that are nearly straight through. they can support over 500 hp without being restrictive on a 2.5" TD setup and even more on a 3" TD setup. flowmaster single chambers and an H pipe will likely give you the old school rumble. if i ever go TD's, i think that's the route i would go. if you really wanna squeeze mufflers in there, the bigger 40 series will give you even more old school. they're a lot more restrictive than the single chambers though and take up a lot more room, but since they'd be going in a true dual application, they'd likely still support 500hp without being restrictive.

magnaflows are pretty much the epitome of exotic sounding mufflers. the magnaflows would be my absolute last choice for a muffler, with sweet thunders being my second to last choice. if i couldn't do single chamber flows i'd go spiral flows. i'm into deep mustang-like sound. that racey ferrari **** can stay in italy.

for a point of reference, here is an H-pipe with magnaflows. basically your setup just with LT's an an H-pipe.

http://www.ls1sounds.com/true_duals/...inHpipe_SS.mp3

and now with sweet thunders:

http://www.ls1sounds.com/true_duals/...cam_WS6_01.mpg

Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 07-24-2006 at 07:22 PM.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Mine sounds a lot different than yours. But i have no cats, different mufflers, LT's and its dumped. It sounds better than the videos, but you know these digi cams are the best for capturing sound. Once you switch to LT's you'll be a lot happier and if not, then i would recomment just replacing the mufflers next. Try a more free flowing type, like bullits or something along those lines. I think that would put you a lot closer to the sound you are looking for.
i have an O/R Custom X Pipe with Magnaflow Bullits... i am running it out the back versus it being dumped.. i jsut need to get LTs. and if i am not happy then i will change the locations of the muffs. if not that then get an h Pipe..

but yea i have MagnaPacks made by MagnaFlow.. They are the round muffs not the ovals.. i think your headers make it sound different
Old 07-24-2006, 07:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369

magnaflows are pretty much the epitome of exotic sounding mufflers. the magnaflows would be my absolute last choice for a muffler, with sweet thunders being my second to last choice. if i couldn't do single chamber flows i'd go spiral flows. i'm into deep mustang-like sound. that racey ferrari **** can stay in italy.

for a point of reference, here is an H-pipe with magnaflows. basically your setup just with LT's an an H-pipe.

http://www.ls1sounds.com/true_duals/...inHpipe_SS.mp3

and now with sweet thunders:

http://www.ls1sounds.com/true_duals/...cam_WS6_01.mpg
i think that magnaflows are very deep.. at least they were on my gt!

exactly i want the deep mustang like sound.. so what combo you talking about then????
Old 07-24-2006, 07:30 PM
Tech Resident

PERSONALLy i'd go H-pipe with flowmaster single chambers (they flow VERY well) and cats. that's what i'd LIKE to do in the future. however, i cannot tell you what this actually sounds like. i have an idea in my head. single chamber flows on an X pipe are the deepest and most old school you can get so i imagine on an H pipe it'll only be even deeper.

again, get LT's first though. i'm sure it'll sound 100 times better. if you still hate it, sell your system. someone will buy it. then you can take up my advice or go another route. i'd hate to see you throw this system away so soon though, you just got it. it's still gotta break in too, it may get better. i bet it's a real nice system. i get really upset with people spend all this money and are disappointed
Old 07-24-2006, 07:31 PM
On The Tree

i have an O/R Custom X Pipe with Magnaflow Bullits... i am running it out the back versus it being dumped.. i jsut need to get LTs. and if i am not happy then i will change the locations of the muffs. if not that then get an h Pipe..

but yea i have MagnaPacks made by MagnaFlow.. They are the round muffs not the ovals.. i think your headers make it sound different
Never dealt with the magnaflow's, but the Dynomax Race Bullets are what myself and friends have always used.

Old 07-24-2006, 07:33 PM
On The Tree

i get really upset with people spend all this money and are disappointed
I know what you mean, im the same way. Its sad when someone spends hard earned money and doesnt get what they want. Too bad there isint a large collection of sound clips that actually have it detailed as to what the car has done or if its stock.........etc.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:37 PM
Launching!

check these out: Click here to see Video Click here to see Video Click here to see Video
Old 07-24-2006, 07:44 PM
Tech Resident

i know those 2 videos on the left. that's jmm98LS1. he's my inspiration for single chambers. he has an X pipe though, i'd want to try an H. ******* sick.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:46 PM
On The Tree

That does sound really nice. DAMN i need to get on the ball with heads and a cam.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:04 PM
Launching!

i know those 2 videos on the left. that's jmm98LS1. he's my inspiration for single chambers. he has an X pipe though, i'd want to try an H. ******* sick.
not sure if its exactly an x pipe...seems like a hybrid x/h pipe???
Old 07-24-2006, 08:06 PM
Tech Resident

i think it's just the way it's bent. i believe he bought a summit pipe or something and had it custom made. you can't buy a premade kit with flowmaster single chambers. you pretty much have to buy the individual parts and go to a muffler shop.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:13 PM
Launching!

its a 2.5" flowmaster d-port merge kit. dont know if theres any significant difference.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Never dealt with the magnaflow's, but the Dynomax Race Bullets are what myself and friends have always used.

those look like the magnaflows.. mine are 2.5" jsut go to magnaflow.com click on the mustang and get the magnapack c/b and those are the muffs i am using
Old 07-24-2006, 09:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 67camaro

those clips do not load for me.. i did not have the patience to wait
Old 07-24-2006, 09:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

i think it's just the way it's bent. i believe he bought a summit pipe or something and had it custom made. you can't buy a premade kit with flowmaster single chambers. you pretty much have to buy the individual parts and go to a muffler shop.

it is a 3" magnflow O/R X Pipe that is 14" long. all the piping is custom.

Quick Reply: Vibration with true duals / Not liking the exhaust note