Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed LS6 intake- now heat through vents?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 03:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Installed LS6 intake- now heat through vents?!

I finally installed my LS6 intake with no problems. (Or so I thought.) I made sure not to pinch any vacuum lines as people warned about this and I thought everything was fine. My car doesn't have a belt on the A/C right now so I just had it on VENT straight out the dash. My freind and I were cruising around last night and would notice that every few minutes the air coming out would be much warmer than the outside air then go back to being cool again. It got to the point that I just shut it off to stay cooler. Very annoying to say the least. I've felt around back behind the intake, and bloodied myself up in the process, and can't find anything pinched, disconnected, etc. Anyone have any ideas? Any help would be appreciated since I know nothing about HVAC systems. Thanks, Dave

Last edited by svodave; 07-22-2006 at 04:08 PM.
Old 07-22-2006, 03:35 PM
Launching!

Man Id have to say your gonna need to pull the manifold again....Also are you sure your not paranoid about it, maybe its just warm air...or is it Hot. Warm air can circulate through even though its just venting fresh outside air.. Im sure someone will chime in with HVAC exp...Good Luck man!!
Old 07-22-2006, 03:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man I have always noticed warm air coming through my vents but never thought it was a problem . That large area in front of you is 200 degrees give or take , so some of the air is going to blow in the cabin .
As far as pinching a vacum line or just not having it on there right you would know cause your car would not idle right or you would throw a code .
Old 07-22-2006, 04:07 PM
Staging Lane

The car runs and idles perfectly. The SES light was on before I did the swap from the AIR removal. Maybe I am just paranoid. I did the swap a week ago and only just now noticed anything. I've traced every vac line in the area and none seem to travel under the intake. Hopefully I'm just crazy but please keep the ideas coming! Thanks, Dave
Old 07-22-2006, 05:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There's no reason the intake swap should affect the actual temperature of the air coming out of the vents. The only thing it would affect would be the vents the air blows out of. If you left the vacuum hose off the back of the intake (coming from near the a/c lines) then you won't be able to switch the vents that the air comes out of. Check that line.
Old 07-22-2006, 08:01 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by My90Iroc
There's no reason the intake swap should affect the actual temperature of the air coming out of the vents. The only thing it would affect would be the vents the air blows out of. If you left the vacuum hose off the back of the intake (coming from near the a/c lines) then you won't be able to switch the vents that the air comes out of. Check that line.
You're right on the money my friend. Actually right after the swap it would only come out the floor-(idled a bit high too.) I found that very line and hooked it up. Now it runs great except for the heat thing. Hmmm.

Quick Reply: Installed LS6 intake- now heat through vents?!