Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need to borrow F-body longtube headers for fitment testing of hot rod

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 03:55 PM
Launching!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default need to borrow F-body longtube headers for fitment testing of hot rod

Hi:

I'm building an unusual combination- LS1 into a 1957 Plymouth Belvedere and I need to figure out my exhaust system. (you can see the car at http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...39&action=view)

Ideally, I'd like to just buy a set of longtube headers for this for cost and convienence, but obviously this combination just doesn't exist.

I could go with stock manifolds or shorty headers, but my first choice would be a set of long tubes. Unfortunately, it would be a p.i.t.a. to buy a set just to find out they don't fit. The manufacturers I talked to wouldn't give me all the dimensions I needed, either.

Does anyone have a set out there that i could either borrow for fitment (car isn't running) or I could get good measurements from to see if something like this will fit?

Please let me know if you're able to help and hopefully we can work something out.

Thank you!

-BV
Old 07-25-2006, 04:10 PM
Tech Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It might help if you posted where your from, that way someone local might be able to help you out. Or maybe even a local performance shop that might have a set lieing around that you could borrow.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:33 AM
Launching!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm in Los Angeles, Van Nuys to be exact