Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Duals or Y-Pipe??

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 11:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sweet mine is custom grind also, im getting juice over the winter
Old 07-31-2006, 12:34 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by YellowMonster87
no need for you to keep going. if you only want a real car sound some of the time cuz your weak and cant deal with the "noise" then get a cutout...
Not everyone wants a car that can wake up the neighbors at 2AM in the morning. It's not all about loudest.

On to your claims of ET's. So you're saying that true duals will net your almost a half second faster times over a good flowing catback? Riiiiiiiiight. Unless you have the same car going from a catback to TD's you can't compare. Too many variables.

I personally love true duals, but I'm lowered in an area with shitty road, big speed bumps and I live in an apartment complex. I don't need to scrape every single speed bump and I don't feel like hearing complaints from my neighbors.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:18 PM
12 Second Club

i just dont believe in buying mods or a car based on your neighbors....if you wanna be considerate dont get on it when your leaving only time you gotta worry bout high idle is in winter time....in which case most of us dont use our cars during that time of the year.....its not that big of a deal, the neighbors hate my car with a passion, but **** them i hate there dogs barking at 2am when i have to work or there stupid kids riding there bikes through my lawn but **** happens its my house, its my garage, and its my ***** ****** t/a so they can deal with it or ill put a muffler on my car when they duck tape there damn dogs mouth shut
Old 07-31-2006, 01:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zboner
i dont think the X pipe is Exotic sounding at all, thats my set up, if anything i think it sounds very deep from my experiences

yea you're right.. mine is starting to get deeper. have only had the system for about 2 weeks. like i said getting deeper
Old 07-31-2006, 01:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Frosty
Not everyone wants a car that can wake up the neighbors at 2AM in the morning. It's not all about loudest.

On to your claims of ET's. So you're saying that true duals will net your almost a half second faster times over a good flowing catback? Riiiiiiiiight. Unless you have the same car going from a catback to TD's you can't compare. Too many variables.

I personally love true duals, but I'm lowered in an area with shitty road, big speed bumps and I live in an apartment complex. I don't need to scrape every single speed bump and I don't feel like hearing complaints from my neighbors.

my car is not lowered and i have 3" TD under the axels and clear speed bumps all the time. Not scraped them once
Old 07-31-2006, 01:48 PM
On The Tree

i just dont believe in buying mods or a car based on your neighbors....if you wanna be considerate dont get on it when your leaving only time you gotta worry bout high idle is in winter time....in which case most of us dont use our cars during that time of the year.....its not that big of a deal, the neighbors hate my car with a passion, but **** them i hate there dogs barking at 2am when i have to work or there stupid kids riding there bikes through my lawn but **** happens its my house, its my garage, and its my ***** ****** t/a so they can deal with it or ill put a muffler on my car when they duck tape there damn dogs mouth shut

i feel the same, but of course all the people i live around love cars and have or had older muscle cars in their life time once. so they dont get bothered by my car, even when it was straight headers they loved the car. so guess im lucky. now my mothers house is a different story, i just tell them to **** off and mind their own business
Old 07-31-2006, 04:21 PM
12 Second Club

I'd LOVE to have you as my neighbor
Old 07-31-2006, 04:49 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Frosty
I'd LOVE to have you as my neighbor
**** neighbors how bout we go halves on a house then every morning when i get up at 6 and those late nites when i come home at 430 you can admire the sweet sound of my t/a
Old 07-31-2006, 05:01 PM
12 Second Club

You need to relax.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

duck tape the dogs mouth shut / stupid kids , do you have a trail in your ditch
Old 07-31-2006, 07:52 PM
12 Second Club

I had TD's on my old camaro, it turned out to be kind of a pain because I unlike some people I try to respectful to my neighbors. Well it would rattle stuff in my house when I started it. It did sound good but it was just to loud, and even louder with the cam. Plus the H pipe was in the way when trying to pull the trans, not fun. Plus no one made a driveshaft loop that would fit.

With my current camaro I'm looking for a ypipe/catback setup, so I can easily put on a spohn cross brace mount tq arm and have a driveshaft loop.