Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Done

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 08:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Done

Well after 4 days of working on these longtubes and true dual exhaust Iam finally done. As for the fit and finish I need to bring up the back some more and maybe weld in a hanger half way to make it tuck up better. Now for the good stuff, the sound, I love the way it sounds at high rpms but at like 1-1900 its really loud in the car. Is there any suggestion on making it better on the inside? I also dont have any turn downs so the pipes are sticking straight out right before the rear axle. I think if I but some turn downs it will soften the sound. Now for the power increase, well I went from flowmaster to this and it is a crazy increase in power. I cant wait to get my tune from madz28 . All in all I love the sound just wish it was softer at lower rpms because it is a daily driver.
-Brandon
Old 08-17-2006, 09:21 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pictures....we need them.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:48 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
Pictures....we need them.

Dumping the exhaust under the car is going to make it loud in the car, nothing you can do to change that besides running tailpipes out the back. If you put turndowns on, angle them towards the outside of the car.....if you shoot them straight down, the interior drone you're getting now might even get worse.
Old 08-18-2006, 03:55 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool thanks for the help. If I weld in those turndowns and have them facing out that should help. Also do you think I can but some sound proof material under the carpet?
Thanks Brandon