Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 T/A Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 04:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 T/A Exhaust

I have a 2000 trans am and I was thinking about putting high flow cats on. The ppl at Meineke said they wouldn't fit, but I thought I'd get a real opinion from the experts! Honestly, I would rip the cats off, but we have emissions tests in the city. What do you guys think?
Old 09-07-2006, 06:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by houseylou
I have a 2000 trans am and I was thinking about putting high flow cats on. The ppl at Meineke said they wouldn't fit, but I thought I'd get a real opinion from the experts! Honestly, I would rip the cats off, but we have emissions tests in the city. What do you guys think?
Honestly, the gain isn't worth the cost/installation. I also don't believe that Meineke will legally remove factory emissions equipment.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:04 PM
TECH Addict

yeah their is ALOT on this subject if you use the search button at the top, but the stock cats flow fine, the only 2 big restrictions in the exhaust system are the manifolds and the muffler, unless you get headers leave the cats alone
Old 09-07-2006, 07:16 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Starz T/A 17
yeah their is ALOT on this subject if you use the search button at the top, but the stock cats flow fine, the only 2 big restrictions in the exhaust system are the manifolds and the muffler, unless you get headers leave the cats alone

I agree with what he said, your decisions all should rely on where your planning on goin with your car though, if you plan on getting headers and stuff later hold off for now and just have a cutout welded on for now i think they are like $40 and then getting them welded in would be like $40 each maybe. Id wait and get a deal on a combo from tsp headers and ory with cats for like $700, just putting highflows on now wouldnt do much considering you have the stock manifolds choking everything up.