Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LTs and ORY installed! Video included

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 02:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LTs and ORY installed! Video included

I finally got my Pace Setter ceramic coated longtubes and ORY installed on Friday. I also threw in a set of MSD wires and NGK TR55 plugs while I was in there. I won't say how long it took, but I'll say that I finally finished everything at 1:30AM Ran into a few snags along the way. Had to jack up the motor a little bit to get the driver side header in. It almost slid right in. Passenger side was a lot easier and had no problems. Had some help from one of my friends who posts on here as well so that was a good thing otherwise I would have been at it all night
I'm happy with the power increase. Definitely noticeable I'm not sure if I like the tone of the exhaust though. It's a little too raspy for my tastes while cruising so I may add a Borla XR-1 Muffler in the I pipe. Other than that, I get a little bit of vibration while excellerating but over all I'm happy. I think once I add the Borla I'll definitely be happier with the sound.

Video clip
Old 09-11-2006, 06:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was blessed, didnt have to do anything with the motor. The headers slid right in. But I am getting paid back as now I have a crank bolt stuck in the crank. Getting it removed tomorrow. hehe. But I remember the header install. That sound when you first crank her up is great. HEHE Congrats.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

my buddy(18) and I (19) did mine with no prier experence at any kinda work with installing performance parts or anything put my Pacesetter Lt's on and bolted my cated Y to my catback and was taking it for a test drive in about 3 hours...

the only prob we ran into was somethig with the dip stick and i forgot now what exactly it was lol...

oh BTW, we did it with the car about 2 foot off the ground on ramps
Old 09-11-2006, 06:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SVThis
my buddy(18) and I (19) did mine with no prier experence at any kinda work with installing performance parts or anything put my Pacesetter Lt's on and bolted my cated Y to my catback and was taking it for a test drive in about 3 hours...

the only prob we ran into was somethig with the dip stick and i forgot now what exactly it was lol...

oh BTW, we did it with the car about 2 foot off the ground on ramps
If only mine went that simple. Oh well, at least I got everything done and the car runs
Old 09-11-2006, 06:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds pretty good and glad to hear the install went "somewhat" smooth. But Brad's is still louder. LOL. Sorry dude, he told me the story.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SweeTbone
Sounds pretty good and glad to hear the install went "somewhat" smooth. But Brad's is still louder. LOL. Sorry dude, he told me the story.
Bah...he bailed out early... the wimp! I toughed it out till 1:30am
Old 09-11-2006, 11:15 PM
Staging Lane

bailed out early why? oh thats right I had to get the Kid. And lets not forgot who still did a majority of the uninstall and all but the passenger install. Wait i will give you credit you removed the cats and tightened down 3 motor mount bolts.