Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have dyno #'s for MIdS vs. LT's?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 03:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Mac Y pipe hung real low too.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:07 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With mac mids and ory i put down 402 hp and 398 tq.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmm98LS1
I agree, but the reasons to use them over longtubes are rapidly disappearing.
-Macs used to be much cheaper than longtubes (reason I bought 'em), not the case anymore when you can get pacesetters with a REAL ceramic coating for $385.
-Macs are said to have better clearance than lt's, but I found the complete opposite. I switched from macs/ory to pacesetters/duals. I'm lowered ~1.75" and have TONS more clearance now than I did with my macs/ory. The mac y-pipe is where clearance problems arise and that's where I always scraped (I had the y-pipe less than 1/4" from the body too).
-Macs are supposedly easier to install, but I also found that to be way off. The pacesetters were WAY easier to install than the macs....they literally fit so well I had to have my wife hold them in place while I crawled out from under the car or they would have fallen right out.

The difference in sound alone made the switch worthwile to me, let alone everything else I listed.
My experiance with LT's has been the exact opposite. I guess every car is different.

With MAC headers showing up on the used market for ~$200 or so, I find no reason to use LT's especially since EVERY set I've installed fits way worse than MACs.

Quick Reply: Anyone have dyno #'s for MIdS vs. LT's?