Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hooker muffler areochamber sound?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

on stock manifolds the hooker sounds about like the stock muffler below 2500 RPM. Above 2500 RPM it sounds a bit louder than stock with a deep, refined sound. It sounds best at WOT, but never gets all that loud (you won't scare anyone with the hooker and stock manifolds). Inside the car it is very quiet, but it is significanly louder when you hear it from behind the car. Overall, it has a nice refined sound that is very easy to live with for a daily driver.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:41 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

try a spintech muffler. people say that they're as old school and deep as an LS1 gets on stock manifolds. it's likely not the best flowing, but your exhaust should be for SOUND, not performance. you can always add a cutout for the extra horsepower.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:40 AM
Pontiacerator

Received 206 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyC
on stock manifolds the hooker sounds about like the stock muffler below 2500 RPM. Above 2500 RPM it sounds a bit louder than stock with a deep, refined sound. It sounds best at WOT, but never gets all that loud (you won't scare anyone with the hooker and stock manifolds). Inside the car it is very quiet, but it is significanly louder when you hear it from behind the car. Overall, it has a nice refined sound that is very easy to live with for a daily driver.
Finally, a good, solid, well-considered, detailed, and thorough response to the original poster's question.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am running the Hooker cat-back with LT's and cats and I really like it - sounds great and is loud enough for me. It really sounds good without cats but it is too loud for me driving it every day (and trying not to draw the wrong kind of attention).

Steve

Quick Reply: hooker muffler areochamber sound?