Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lid Question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 01:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, some people have made their own bellow. Got the tubing from lowes. Dont remember the diameter, but you can search that out.
Old 09-23-2006, 01:30 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Beasst8
Yeah, some people have made their own bellow. Got the tubing from lowes. Dont remember the diameter, but you can search that out.
or bust out the tape measure
Old 09-23-2006, 06:33 PM
TECH Veteran

NO bellow, NO k&n filter(paper ones filter better+k&n does not give any extra hp).
Old 09-23-2006, 06:47 PM
TECH Regular

does the SSRA have a block off plate for rain ?
Old 09-23-2006, 06:50 PM
Staging Lane

Get the flow pac, you'll notice a nice gain in throttle response
Old 09-23-2006, 07:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Beasst8

search does not work. what is the material made of????
Old 09-23-2006, 08:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

just to add a little something a few may want to know. the home-made belllows people make is amde from "FERNCO" its in the plumbing section but its very stiff so it CAN and WILL crack your lids so be careful!
Old 09-23-2006, 11:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tainted
just to add a little something a few may want to know. the home-made belllows people make is amde from "FERNCO" its in the plumbing section but its very stiff so it CAN and WILL crack your lids so be careful!
yea that is what i remember it as.. The Frenco.. what is that made out of? what else can it be made out of?
Old 09-24-2006, 04:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by PassoutWilly
Get the flow pac, you'll notice a nice gain in throttle response
So is this beased on the fact you have one, or have you actually compared it to other setups?
Old 09-24-2006, 04:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
yea that is what i remember it as.. The Frenco.. what is that made out of? what else can it be made out of?
You can fo the Fernco route or simply buy some silicon hose. Silico hose should be availeble from any good speed or auto shop. It's used for coolant systems as well as turbo setups instead of rubber hose. It's durale, good heat properties and is what SLP use.

A 3x3" lenght is what you need, the humped tubing is what SLP use as it allows flex but it ISN'T smooth because of the hump. It should cost ~$10 or pay $50 and get the same thing from SLP. Either way it's ZERO HP.

And as far as looks go, well I personally classify that as people only think it looks better because it looks different. If the Fbody came stock with a smooth bellows you can guarantee people would swap it to a flexiable one and then still claim it looks better. Ironic isn't it
Old 09-24-2006, 10:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 300bhp/ton
You can fo the Fernco route or simply buy some silicon hose. Silico hose should be availeble from any good speed or auto shop. It's used for coolant systems as well as turbo setups instead of rubber hose. It's durale, good heat properties and is what SLP use.

A 3x3" lenght is what you need, the humped tubing is what SLP use as it allows flex but it ISN'T smooth because of the hump. It should cost ~$10 or pay $50 and get the same thing from SLP. Either way it's ZERO HP.

And as far as looks go, well I personally classify that as people only think it looks better because it looks different. If the Fbody came stock with a smooth bellows you can guarantee people would swap it to a flexiable one and then still claim it looks better. Ironic isn't it

lol i know that it will not add any HP. i just want it for looks that is all.. where else can i get the silicone hose from? Home Depot or something??
Old 09-24-2006, 11:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have an SLP lid and their smooth bellow on my 99 SS. I noticed a difference when I put the lid on, but not when I put on the bellow. However, I didn't expect anything from the bellow. My main reason for purchasing it was for appearance purposes. It doesn't look cheap like the factory accordian type hose that connects the lid and maf. Here is are some pics of them on my car.