Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Running two bullets,Hurt?Dynomax&twister

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006 | 06:22 AM
11 Second Club

Default Running two bullets,Hurt?Dynomax&twister

Hello yall, we are running twister pro flows, it had dynomaxs before but we switched them out to quiet them down, the car is a little quieter now with the twister proflows. But its still too loud somtimes. The exhaust system can fit another bullet in place with no ground clearance loss and will fit easily with a little modifications.

We already have the old dynomax bullet muffler, we are thinking about adding the dynomax bullet inconjunction with the proflow twisters but, wanted to know if it was a bad idea.

Im curioust to know if this will hurt the peformance and how bad will this effect the flow?

Last edited by LS1FIRE; 09-22-2006 at 06:38 AM.
Old 09-22-2006 | 07:29 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

How is it a bad idea? It will be a tad more silent than before. I think that you might not really lose more than 2-3 rwhp if anything is really lost at all. It would probably not do anything except tame the note down a few decibels. The Dyno is pretty much a glasspack. You have a straight through pipe nearly.
Old 09-22-2006 | 12:30 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
How is it a bad idea? It will be a tad more silent than before. I think that you might not really lose more than 2-3 rwhp if anything is really lost at all. It would probably not do anything except tame the note down a few decibels. The Dyno is pretty much a glasspack. You have a straight through pipe nearly.
I have a 23 inch twister pro flo and the dynomax is the same length, i was curious to know if having that long of a muffler will effect anything running two.

It doesnt seem like the dynomax will hurt that much, but wanted some opinons.

Thanks
Old 09-22-2006 | 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Do you guys run cats? That might help it a little. I dont think that is a bad idea, but why dont you guys just sell the mufflers you have and get different ones or just buy a catback single muffler?
Old 09-22-2006 | 06:57 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Originally Posted by GotV-8
Do you guys run cats? That might help it a little. I dont think that is a bad idea, but why dont you guys just sell the mufflers you have and get different ones or just buy a catback single muffler?

Why would he need to get another set of them? the Dynomax will work fine for what he is looking for.
Old 09-23-2006 | 02:06 AM
11 Second Club

Well I added the dynomax with the twister its perfect like this, its way more stealthy and very deep souding.

Thanks yall
Old 09-23-2006 | 09:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LS1FIRE
Hello yall, we are running twister pro flows, it had dynomaxs before but we switched them out to quiet them down, the car is a little quieter now with the twister proflows. But its still too loud somtimes. The exhaust system can fit another bullet in place with no ground clearance loss and will fit easily with a little modifications.

We already have the old dynomax bullet muffler, we are thinking about adding the dynomax bullet inconjunction with the proflow twisters but, wanted to know if it was a bad idea.

Im curioust to know if this will hurt the peformance and how bad will this effect the flow?
i will buy the 2 dynoamx bullets from you???
Old 09-23-2006 | 08:24 PM
TECH Regular

i say go with a chambered muffler to really tame them. Seriously, a bullet is just another straight trhough muffler/resonator. It wont do much in terms of sound, might quiet it a notch or two.
Old 09-23-2006 | 11:43 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
i will buy the 2 dynoamx bullets from you???
Im running the dynomax with the twister spiral flows. Sorry.