Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the closest alternative to GMMG

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 09:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cop Car
good job in comparing bullet mufflers, chambered mufflers and chambered exhaust as being the same thing. you are way out of the ball park. want to compare the stock muffler while you are at it?

SLP loud mouth and GMMG and other chambered exhaust will all sound the same as straight pipes. any straight flow mufflers or bullet mufflers are completely diffrent.
COP CAR, you know diddly-squat about chambered exhaust. You'd lose the Coke taste test pretty quick. Not only do straight pipes accomplish nothing for exhaust sound, engines will run hotter with them & not make as much HP. Systems with full pipe need an "expansion chamber" somewhere to perform properly.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Powerstick
Not only do straight pipes accomplish nothing for exhaust sound, engines will run hotter with them & not make as much HP.
this must be why every "drag" car i see has full exhaust. err..no..?
Old 11-01-2006, 12:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by s346k
this must be why every "drag" car i see has full exhaust. err..no..?
Err.. NO! If you're paying attention; Powerstick is telling you about your "full length straight pipes to the BACK." "Drag" cars don't have a full exhaust, just a SHORT run to atmosphere. Street/Drag would, more than likely, have a "cut-out." Then there is the street car with a FULL (used loosely) exhaust. You and Copcar need to stop changing the parameters of your questions whenever one is answered and pay attention to the answer given. Or ask a question with all YOUR parameters in place for an all inclusive answer. In all, choose your own exhaust that makes YOU happy.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cop Car
people who spend $800 on straight pipes dont want to be told what they really bought. no mater what it still sounds like ***, and im not the only one that thinks so.
Omg, check out those straight pypezzzz!!!!111~

http://sweet-thunder.com/chambered_g...html#stainless
Old 11-01-2006, 03:31 PM
10 Second Club

I have read alot of posts about GMMG exhausts on this forum and copcar posts in almost every single one of them about how shitty it sounds blah blah blah... Yeah go ahead and get your local muffler shop to weld in two straight pipes and put some dents in it with a hammer.. i bet it will sound just like GMMG C'mon dude get real
Old 11-01-2006, 04:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Shadow1999
Err.. NO! If you're paying attention; Powerstick is telling you about your "full length straight pipes to the BACK." "Drag" cars don't have a full exhaust, just a SHORT run to atmosphere. Street/Drag would, more than likely, have a "cut-out." Then there is the street car with a FULL (used loosely) exhaust. You and Copcar need to stop changing the parameters of your questions whenever one is answered and pay attention to the answer given. Or ask a question with all YOUR parameters in place for an all inclusive answer. In all, choose your own exhaust that makes YOU happy.
Uh, Shadow thank you for saving me some typing. VIVID proof of this straight pipe behavior was divulged to me by a Chrysler engineer after they ran straight pipes on a Viper a few years ago. I would not have guessed the higher engine temps & lower HP readings had I not heard this. They were also surprised by this test. They also said the car ran crappy with the straight pipes.

Quick Reply: What is the closest alternative to GMMG