Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS6 intake vs. ported LS6 intake?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 07:09 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im kicking sticks in a dead thread here but did anyone every get After pics of the port job? Ive got my intake and TB off and would love to port them myself and pics of both would be great
Old 09-22-2015, 06:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Wow ancient post
Old 09-22-2015, 06:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Project_Reaper
im kicking sticks in a dead thread here but did anyone every get After pics of the port job? Ive got my intake and TB off and would love to port them myself and pics of both would be great
Don't waste your time.
Old 09-22-2015, 06:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just buy one from Peak Speed. They are cheap if you send them yours.
Old 09-22-2015, 07:53 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by scotty2000ss
Just buy one from Peak Speed. They are cheap if you send them yours.
Yea I looked into them and it's a great deal but I'm saving up for a lsxr 102/102 setup and I'm doing a head cam upgrade now and just thought it would pass the winter months playing around with porting the stock TB and intake just for fun and the possibility of 5-6 horses while I'm at it. Thanks for the info though
Old 09-23-2015, 04:20 AM
11 Second Club

No problem. Good luck with the porting.
Old 09-23-2015, 05:05 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yea I looked into them and it's a great deal but I'm saving up for a lsxr 102/102 setup and I'm doing a head cam upgrade now and just thought it would pass the winter months playing around with porting the stock TB and intake just for fun and the possibility of 5-6 horses while I'm at it. Thanks for the info though
You honestly stand more of a chance of losing power than anything else. The ls6 design is damn good and theres not much room to port those things being you can only get to the outside runners. No one hazs been able to show a apples to apples dyno gain by porting an ls6 intake let alone track results. I would leave it as is and sell it when you want to help with the fast then spend some time reading and port the fast correctly.
Old 09-23-2015, 07:14 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by redbird555
You honestly stand more of a chance of losing power than anything else. The ls6 design is damn good and theres not much room to port those things being you can only get to the outside runners. No one hazs been able to show a apples to apples dyno gain by porting an ls6 intake let alone track results. I would leave it as is and sell it when you want to help with the fast then spend some time reading and port the fast correctly.
http://peakspeedshop.com/Zen_Cart/in...roducts_id=447

this is what had me interested, i know there is a good 4-5HP gain on the stock throttle body but im not sure about these claims on the ls6 intake..just being curious i guess. ill probably just leave the intake alone and just do the throttle body...just hoping that someone maybe bought a ported from peakspeed or did one themselves
Old 09-23-2015, 07:24 AM
11 Second Club

http://peakspeedshop.com/Zen_Cart/in...roducts_id=447

this is what had me interested, i know there is a good 4-5HP gain on the stock throttle body but im not sure about these claims on the ls6 intake..just being curious i guess. ill probably just leave the intake alone and just do the throttle body...just hoping that someone maybe bought a ported from peakspeed or did one themselves
Peak speed has dyno info. Shoot them an email

Quick Reply: LS6 intake vs. ported LS6 intake?