Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Difference between dual/dual and slasher tips on Loudmouth?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 10:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Difference between dual/dual and slasher tips on Loudmouth?

Getting ready to order a loudmouth II to test it out (I sure hope I like that "differentiated" sound ). I enjoy the "3.5" slash cut" tips but will they sound any different than the regular "2.5" Dual/Dual tips" that are normally shipped with the loudmouths? Thats an inch difference in the tip...

By the way is the search still broken? I'm sure this has been asked before but I keep timing out while trying to search!
Old 11-07-2006, 11:36 PM
Staging Lane

the tip shouldn't make much of a difference in sound, more of a personal choice in looks.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah wouldnt worry about the sound. Just get the ones you think look prettiest
Old 11-08-2006, 05:16 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

It's a TIP it will make no odds.

The 3" is a single outlet tip per side of the car. The 2.5" tips are two tips each side of the car, so 4 in total. BTW if you're worried about flow, two 2.5" pipes would outflow a single 3". But in the case of tips it's purley visual.

Go have a look on SLP's website, they have pictures of them.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:50 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It is an appearance thing really.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'm with the guys above
Old 11-08-2006, 03:38 PM
Staging Lane

Awesome guys, thanks!

To anyone who is still reading - Difference between Loudmouth I and II? Not a big enough deal to make a new thread about it but just by looking around I'm hearing the I is a bit louder than the II....
Old 11-08-2006, 04:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Loudmouth 1 is very loud and unrefined with a lot of rasp. The loudmouth 2 is loud, a little bit more refined but no much, and still a lot of rasp but not as much as the LM1.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get the LM1!! the rasp is nothing like everyone makes it out to be!! If u think our cars have bad rasp with the LM then go listen to a mustang with it, it sounds like pure ***!!!!!!! As for the tips, its just preferance. Ive always found that camaros look better with the slash tips and the birds always look better with the dual/dual! im a slash guy.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thats what I used to think...but the longer I have it on there the more I hear he rasp. Granted, I love that it is loud and mean, but the rasp is pretty prevalent
Old 11-09-2006, 06:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by venom889
Awesome guys, thanks!

To anyone who is still reading - Difference between Loudmouth I and II? Not a big enough deal to make a new thread about it but just by looking around I'm hearing the I is a bit louder than the II....
There's is next to no difference between them. SLP makes the exhaust modular so you can swap out the muffler easy.

The muffler is the only difference between them. The LM uses a large delfection chamber muffler. This is very loud and flows better than the rest of the exhaust tubing.

The LM 2 simple has a different muffler, this is a race bullet muffler. It doesn't flow quite as well and it will change the tone, plus make it a bit quieter. You can buy the alternative muffler for each exhaust if you want.

Personally I'd be tempted to try the LM1. If you have CATS there is ZERO rasp. It sounds very good indeed. If it's too much or you then get an ORY most people swap in a bullet muffler such as a Borla XR-1 or a Maganaflow.

These are often cheaper and most will claim they sound better than the LM2.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:18 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LM1 is loud. Period.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:00 PM
Launching!

I experienced No rasp whatsoever on my Stock Manifold/LM II setup. Add LT's and it'll rasp a bit.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by gyrene2003
get the LM1!! the rasp is nothing like everyone makes it out to be!! If u think our cars have bad rasp with the LM then go listen to a mustang with it, it sounds like pure ***!!!!!!! As for the tips, its just preferance. Ive always found that camaros look better with the slash tips and the birds always look better with the dual/dual! im a slash guy.
Right on the money i got LM1 with headers, cam, and custom Y it sounds awsome, get compliments all the time and iv had people ask how much i spent on the exhaust and i laugh when i tell them how much about 260 from headers back(not including headers.)
Old 11-09-2006, 03:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The only tips that will cause any sound difference are the borla intercooled tips... kind of a weird technology but it mellows the tone out very slightly

and even then its only noticeable if you're sitting behind your car like an idiot and putting the tips on and off while its running...

but at that point if you're doing that you may as well be wearing a helmet and drooling as well (drooling over your exhaust can still be a form of retardation, the helmet just helps signify which form you suffer )

personally I love the slash cut rounds ... if Borla made a slash cut 3" in tip I'd be tempted to go that way, but I think I'm just a fan of their tips in general, don't find much else that looks so nice (and for $120+ a pair you better have some ******* nice tips)

but then, I kind of like my stock exhaust single round exhaust tips as well...
I'm weird