Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Complete Bolt On list and rwhp expected from them?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 04:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
No no no.... I meant why did you say Cheers with the question mark following it. Is that like Sike? haha
arrr DOH!

Nope I think it was a typo
Old 11-14-2006, 04:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Justin00SS
Thats why I said it.

Burn a *** omg........you would get arrested for that stuff over here!
It's like when you go into a store State side and ask the shop keep where the **** are??? They look at you strangly, so you say "you know the long things you put in your mouth and suck on"...........................
Old 11-14-2006, 06:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 300bhp/ton
It's like when you go into a store State side and ask the shop keep where the **** are??? They look at you strangly, so you say "you know the long things you put in your mouth and suck on"...........................

And they still give you the look!
Old 11-14-2006, 09:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree people have different views.

But a cam is just as easy??? In fact if you have the tools and ability no mod is really that hard to do, just time consuming. I think it's pretty accepted that anything that touches oil or internal engine components isn't a bolt on.

Arguable items come in the form of non engine components such as gears, stalls and suspension.

Again I think you'd be with the minority here. Nitrous is a power adder and isn't normally considered a bolt on. I mean a Procharger kit isn't that hard to install either. But if someone was claiming a bolt on only setup and was making 480rwhp with the blower and a 200 shot with the nitrous it's a whole different ball game compared to your regular 350rwhp bolt on Ls1's.
the bolded part is exactly my point. there is no concrete list of what is a bolt on and what isn't. I take it literally, anythign that can be bolted on is a bolt on, but where does it stop? I have no idea, thats why I wouldn't ever say my car has all bolts on or anything because its comparable to some guy telling me his evo has stage 3 stuff, its ambiguous.

lol.

Quick Reply: Complete Bolt On list and rwhp expected from them?