Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV delete questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 12:41 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default PCV delete questions

hey guys, I just tried to search the hell out of this, and noones done a writeup or anything, and I didnt find anything specific. My car is burning a hell load of oil. I would have to guess 3-4 quarts every oil change. I am fixing to take a long trip >2000 miles, and I want to solve this problem. I read that people have had great sucess deleting the PCV system, but noone has said how to do it. I just received my speedinc pcv filter cap thing in the mail, and I am looking for how to do this. From what I have found, I just need to run some 3/8" hose from valve cover to valve cover, cap off every other thing, and then put the filter cap on, and Im done? I am leaving soon, (friday) so I will definetly look into do the catch can idea and all that when I am stationary, but I am doing this right now to fix the better the problem, or pray it flat out fixes it. Its got to be the PCV system though, cause my car has 45K on it, so that should rule out the rings, and it has new patriot heads, so that should rule out the valve seals/guides as well. Can someone help me out w/ this? I see a hose going into the back of the drivers side valve cover, so I guess I could run it from there, but where to on the passenger side one? And also what about the line that runs from the front of the passenger side valve cover to the TB? Just cap both those off? Or could I use the nipple on the passenger VC for the other end of my VC to VC hose? Thanks in advance guys, I need some help.

Car is 00 T/A H/C bolt ons M6.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

from what i've read, you dont need a hose to connect the two valve covers. someone was supposed to do a write-up on this with pics but i think they kept putting it off and never got it done. maybe they'll chime in. i searched the pcv delete one day last week and found a thread on it that was about 5 pages long. if you can find it, i think it'll tell you everything you need to know.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:01 PM
Staging Lane

If you are burning that much oil, I would think you have another internal problem. Deleting the PCV system will help, but you are still going to be burning oil.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:40 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks for the help guys. I dont know what internal problem I would have, looking at my mileage and whats been done. But who knows. I searched alot though, and never found anything. I saw a thread on someone I think doing a LS6 conversion writeup and he mentioned the pcv delete but it was kinda vague. Hopefully this fixes my entire problem. I will post up tommorow if it did. Thanks guys, anymore input?
Old 11-15-2006, 03:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

try this

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...cover+breather
Old 11-16-2006, 12:51 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks for the link. Well I did it today. Was a little pita to get to the back, but I managed, took me probably 30 mins to do it all. Everything is together clean and tight. The engine bay looks alot better IMO. So anyways, now up for my big drive half way across the country. I will let you guys know how it does. Hopefully I am a satisfied customer. lol Thanks for the help guys.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

NICE!!! let us know how it turns out for you

and would you mind posting a parts list for rest of who have not yet done this mod. like what you used to block off the nipples and where you got them, and any other special parts that you may had to have to complete the job.

Last edited by RICEETER; 11-16-2006 at 01:10 PM.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:13 PM
12 Second Club

Cool, I used all 3/8" block offs you can get from autozone. The "Y" in the back that heads up to the pcv valve and into the TB, I just cut the tube off the Y about 1 1/2" and then put a cap on it, and cap everything off on the TB with same 3/8". And the filter I used is from ls1speed.com. Pretty good deal, clean part. Also on a side note, I hope I picked up an hp or two, cause I lost some traction into second today like, more than I would usually.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You probably did pick up some power if you were truly burning that much oil, there shouldnt be anything but air fuel and spark in your combustion chamber so if theres oil it will more than likely cause knock.

Alot of people are skeptical of PCV deletes but I love mine and would never consider going back.