Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ssra

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 08:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RrCoX22
till you guys come up with numbers and facts i will stay with my own opinion
I will have to say you its one of the best mods i did. I had the free ram air forever. My MPH at the track in similar conditions went up 1-2mph on 5 passes.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:40 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian2006
ah gotcha. I just know if you buy the actual full SSRA it's plastic
Yes sir it is all plastic.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

this is the information i was contesting...

are those number vs. a stock airbox? simply how much of a difference is there with a "SSRA" compared to "FRA" that's where im going with this.
People keep posting and you keep ignoring....

But who the hell cares, it's your loss not anyone elses.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Read the phuchin article dude and educate yourself...this is very very old news...when you do a lid and the FRA the SSRA or FTRA should be done at the same time..people are trying to help you but you seem to be shall we say rather dense..have a happy holiday I'm out..
Old 11-21-2006, 01:17 PM
TECH Addict

you guys are funny and seem to not understand... i know more than enough about the system and will be purchasing one eventually but that article has nothing with FRA vs the FTRA... just testing and information on the FTRA system...

Originally Posted by 300bhp/ton
People keep posting and you keep ignoring....

But who the hell cares, it's your loss not anyone elses.
i think your english eyes got the best of you. please read the entire post and understand where im coming from

everyone else...
i completely understand, its that fact that everyone just emphisizes that SSRA, FTRA or whatever is better than FRA... well I'm not opposing that, just how much, that's what I'm contesting. thanks!
Old 11-21-2006, 02:33 PM
((((((Administrator))))))

everyone else...
i completely understand, its that fact that everyone just emphisizes that SSRA, FTRA or whatever is better than FRA... well I'm not opposing that, just how much, that's what I'm contesting. thanks!
Look up at post #41, there have been many guys here already state how much better over the FRA it is.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

you guys are funny and seem to not understand... i know more than enough about the system and will be purchasing one eventually but that article has nothing with FRA vs the FTRA... just testing and information on the FTRA system...

i think your english eyes got the best of you. please read the entire post and understand where im coming from

everyone else...

What are you waiting for ... you need to quit contesting and purchase one ... it looks like you could use a few more ponies..down here in the south "full bolt ons heads and cam cars" make considerable more than whats in your sig ..
Old 11-21-2006, 02:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by slt200mph
What are you waiting for ... you need to quit contesting and purchase one ... it looks like you could use a few more ponies..down here in the south "full bolt ons heads and cam cars" make considerable more than whats in your sig ..
i hope your joking....

south? down low in the powerband? or location? as I'm in the great state of California

for a TR224/224 cam and 243 heads these numbers are pretty stout
Old 11-21-2006, 03:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by CJDZ24_Z28
I will have to say you its one of the best mods i did. I had the free ram air forever. My MPH at the track in similar conditions went up 1-2mph on 5 passes.
Same here. I had !FRA. Then I put on on FTRA and picked up 1 mph and shaved .1 off my ET.

The problem with !FRA is that the intake sucks in hot air while the car is staged waiting for the green light.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:41 AM
TECH Addict

Check out a thread from my friend, Dyno proven with a small fan blowing

https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamometer-results-comparisons/608941-02-z28-w-ptb-dynoes-298-w-slp-lid-dynoes-303-w-slp-lid-ssra2-dynoes-318-a.html