Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driving with open headers???

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 06:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You post this:

Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...highlight=open

DON'T POST THINGS THAT YOU THINK ARE FACT, UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT THEY ARE..
Then you post this:

YOU NEED FRONT O2 SENSORS TO DRIVE THE CAR(unless your on a speed density tune).

Hello Mr. Pot meet Mr. Kettle. BTW Valves will not get warped, and Speed Density is tuning without a Mass AirFlow (MAF) sensor (you still need O2 sensors).
Old 11-22-2006, 07:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Azrael
You post this:

Then you post this:

Hello Mr. Pot meet Mr. Kettle. BTW Valves will not get warped, and Speed Density is tuning without a Mass AirFlow (MAF) sensor (you still need O2 sensors).
???????

Sorry, i was udner the impression that speed density goes by what you input. That is why you need to retune to different elevation and what not. What roll do the o2 sensors play in that? If the engine had feedback from the o2, why does it need to be retuned?

you need the front o2 sensors to driv ethe car correctly. Sorry, I did explain myself. You shouldn't go day to day without running front o2s because the car is going to run like ****. correct? Hey, i'm open to learning, I'm not open to people post myths that have no fact based on them what so ever.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:57 PM
10 Second Club

car has set values. it uses MAF and 02 sensors to fine tune everything, both are not nessecary for the car to run, it will run, and run fine, fuel economy will somewhat suffer however.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:41 AM
10 Second Club

???????

Sorry, i was udner the impression that speed density goes by what you input. That is why you need to retune to different elevation and what not. What roll do the o2 sensors play in that? If the engine had feedback from the o2, why does it need to be retuned?

you need the front o2 sensors to driv ethe car correctly. Sorry, I did explain myself. You shouldn't go day to day without running front o2s because the car is going to run like ****. correct? Hey, i'm open to learning, I'm not open to people post myths that have no fact based on them what so ever.
I have no idea what you just said. Do they speak English in What?

Quick Reply: Driving with open headers???