Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'Ram Air' Mod

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 01:56 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is true that the WS6 has a taller airbox but it still uses the same air filter tray and same ineffecient hood design. A low profile hood scoop in conjuction with a an airbox that is not sealed to the hood = no additional power. Some people use the BGRA mod (no longer in production) which addresses the sealed intake problem but not the low profile hood scoop.

Bottom line is you are going to see an improvement still with the FTRA.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:10 PM
TECH Regular

hey mr. fast toys spokesperson, i'm not sure if you're aware but there is currently a thread in the "wanted group purchase" section of the board where myself and several others are looking for either a ftra or ssra group purchase discount. can you hook us up?
Old 01-11-2007, 03:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can always seal the airbox to the lid with some weather stripping thats what I plan on doing.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:14 PM
Launching!

I've been searching for the last couple of days on a couple different forums about FTRA. Most agree that there is a performance increase, but has anyone noticed ET variances?
Old 01-11-2007, 03:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ripper415
hey mr. fast toys spokesperson, i'm not sure if you're aware but there is currently a thread in the "wanted group purchase" section of the board where myself and several others are looking for either a ftra or ssra group purchase discount. can you hook us up?
I'd be interested in that myself...
Old 01-11-2007, 03:19 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Ripper415
You set something up on the board for the FTRA, you would need to go through one of our supporting dealers:

Thunder Racing
WS6 Store
PFYC

You can also contact us directly.

Thanks
Old 01-12-2007, 11:29 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Tainted
you can always seal the airbox to the lid with some weather stripping thats what I plan on doing.
can you provide a lil more detail about this or take some pics while you're doing it and post it up. your header pics were really good so i know youll do well on this.