Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car is acting up!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 08:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car is acting up!!!

I had a post in here a couple of days ago, and no one was really able to help me out.

What happened is, I drove through some water, cause there was no way around it. And right as I was driving through it it started to act up. like it was wanting to die. After playing with the throttle it ran fine, actually ran good all the way home with out no problems, Then i let it sit for a couple of days through the holidays, and I went out today to see if it would still act up. and it did, I would let it run for about 5 minutes, and then I would put it in gear, about half way down a full block it would start to stutter, and acting like it was either starving for fuel or it was an elictrical prob, I went and bought some HEAT, and put it in the gas tank, at a half of a tank. Let it sit for about three hours, and in the mean time I looked at all my plugs and wires, and found no problems. I took out my 02 sensors, and one was black, on the passenger side. so I switched it with one of my spares, thinking that might have been the problem. I just now went out to test drive it and it ran fine for about 10 minutes, I pulled in to a 7-11 and bought some smokes and stuff and left the car running. when I came out it was acting funny, and it smelled funny too. I can't really describe the smell, it was a cross between rubber and an electrical smell. I got in it and gave it some gas and it settled down to a nice smooth idle. I then proceded to the highway to get on it and see if it would act up in higher RPM's. It was sluggish and not its usual self, so I turned around and took an exit ramp that I knew no one would be at, and Did a break stand. The tires started turning with no problem, and then they stopped. so I let off the gas and put it in park, got out and it was almost like it smelled like a burnt clutch, So I checked my tranny fluid and under the car, there were no leaks and the fluid looked good. I can not figure out for the life of me what is wrong with my car, driving down the road it feels really wierd, I can't explain it, but it is totally different, then what I am use too.

Can you guys please chime in and let me know what you think. I would greatly appriciate it
Old 11-26-2006, 08:54 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How much water? like a small puddle or a river?
Old 11-27-2006, 10:03 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01sscam
How much water? like a small puddle or a river?
The water was not that deep, maybe 3 inches top. I did not drive through it fast either. The car only seems to do it when it is not warmed up all the way.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:59 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Not tall enough to get sucked in the air filter? Or mess with any intake system sensors?