Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Purchased Ebay Headers

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 06:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not trying to steal your tread or anything but I'm about to be installing LT's and was wondering if I could get gaskets anywhere locally? Do I need to replace the stock ones?
Old 12-05-2006, 06:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 02trns_am
Not trying to steal your tread or anything but I'm about to be installing LT's and was wondering if I could get gaskets anywhere locally? Do I need to replace the stock ones?

go to autozone or somewhere and buy stock gaskets
Old 12-05-2006, 06:43 PM

As long as these threads are technical, they stay.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:44 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tainted
go to autozone or somewhere and buy stock gaskets
no, go to GM and buy new gaskets, or re use the stockers (we did on my bros and they have been fine for like 30k)
Old 12-05-2006, 07:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How much are they at GM?
Old 12-05-2006, 07:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

like 20 bucks a pair probably. im gonna get mine from like texas speed or someone since i gotta buy extensions anyhow
Old 12-05-2006, 07:48 PM
11 Second Club

we reused um on my buddys Z...and no leaks, GM did something right for once. for the extensions..ill just splice wires...nothing better then 2 bucks worth of extra wire
Old 12-05-2006, 08:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

NAPA has the stock gaskets made by Victor Reinz. $13 3 piece metal ones
Old 12-05-2006, 11:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Speed inc has the GM steel header gaskets for $19.99. I will probably order from them instead of going to the dealership. I'm in no rush and i'd rather give my money to a sponsor than the dealership. (But i'm still buying the XS headers.)
Old 12-06-2006, 05:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

To the original poster, just giving you a heads up that your TSP TD's will probably have to be modified alot to fit these headers.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:16 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by farnoush
To the original poster, just giving you a heads up that your TSP TD's will probably have to be modified alot to fit these headers.
Do you know from experience or are you just sayin what someone else said? Not to be rude but if you dont know that why say it!
Old 12-06-2006, 09:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

It wont work, thats all I have to say. Do you have ebay headers?
Old 12-06-2006, 02:49 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by surgence
Do you know from experience or are you just sayin what someone else said? Not to be rude but if you dont know that why say it!
I do have XS headers and farnoush is absolutely correct. Judging by the pics on TSP's site, the driver's side header will sit 1/2-3/4 inch higher that that exhaust will allow. An S will have to be fabricated to fix this problem (I would recommend cutting the last 3-5 inches off the back of the driver's side header to allow for a slower bend.) No big deal...can be done in about one hour...give or take. Of course, if you can't do it yourself (I made my own Y pipe), you will probably spend and extra $100 to get the exhaust system fixed. Add that $100 to the $60 that I paid (no TIG) to remove and TIG weld the emissions tubes to the price of the headers and you can easily see how "saving" money buying cheap parts is not always worth it. If I were to purchase headers again, QTP would get my money...but I don't mind paying for quality made parts.

Galen

Last edited by Galen; 12-06-2006 at 02:58 PM.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Anybody know of updates on the ypipe from XS?
Old 12-06-2006, 04:04 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

asking about availability on products is not technical. It is more closely related to sales/marketing/promotion. Please keep this thread technical or it will be removed.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:08 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
asking about availability on products is not technical. It is more closely related to sales/marketing/promotion. Please keep this thread technical or it will be removed.
aye aye captain
Old 12-06-2006, 04:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Galen
I do have XS headers and farnoush is absolutely correct. Judging by the pics on TSP's site, the driver's side header will sit 1/2-3/4 inch higher that that exhaust will allow. An S will have to be fabricated to fix this problem (I would recommend cutting the last 3-5 inches off the back of the driver's side header to allow for a slower bend.) No big deal...can be done in about one hour...give or take. Of course, if you can't do it yourself (I made my own Y pipe), you will probably spend and extra $100 to get the exhaust system fixed. Add that $100 to the $60 that I paid (no TIG) to remove and TIG weld the emissions tubes to the price of the headers and you can easily see how "saving" money buying cheap parts is not always worth it. If I were to purchase headers again, QTP would get my money...but I don't mind paying for quality made parts.

Galen
I completely agree with everything you said, especially the last part.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:14 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Galen

Galen
if you do have XS headers, just must see that the cheapness in price doesn't neccessarily mean cheapness in the quality. you can see that the flange is one of the thickist out there as the welds are superpurb as well

no all people cut the emissions off (myself being one of them) and eitherways the addition on any LT is going to consequate to a new Y-Pipe or True Dual system. why not go custom in the first place? with these XS you can get a complete custom true dual setup (including the headers) for the same amount as your QTP's
Old 12-06-2006, 05:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by RrCoX22
if you do have XS headers, just must see that the cheapness in price doesn't neccessarily mean cheapness in the quality. you can see that the flange is one of the thickist out there as the welds are superpurb as well

no all people cut the emissions off (myself being one of them) and eitherways the addition on any LT is going to consequate to a new Y-Pipe or True Dual system. why not go custom in the first place? with these XS you can get a complete custom true dual setup (including the headers) for the same amount as your QTP's

amen brother
Old 12-06-2006, 05:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RrCoX22

True! Just go to a shop that can do really good work. I thought I did and they messed up big time. They got me to pay a second time to fix it, but still didn't get right. I bought a Mig welder and did it myself after that. Grand total came to a tad over 1G for that ****! It sounds killer though