Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

risk of descreening the MAF

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 01:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok.. almost every bolton does have a potential risk of screwin something up.. most have very minor risks if u have a desent ammount of mechanical knowledge. but you have to ask yourself are the potential gains worth the potential risks?.. in the descreening of the MAF i do not believe it is worth the risks to gain no hp. i did it w/ no negative effects but saw no real gain either...if i ever descreen a MAF it will be because im running a dry shot (descreen to prevent possible iceing of screen) but i would prolly just get rid of the maf all together
Old 12-10-2006, 01:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by presto_z
ok.. almost every bolton does have a potential risk of screwin something up.. most have very minor risks if u have a desent ammount of mechanical knowledge. but you have to ask yourself are the potential gains worth the potential risks?.. in the descreening of the MAF i do not believe it is worth the risks to gain no hp. i did it w/ no negative effects but saw no real gain either...if i ever descreen a MAF it will be because im running a dry shot (descreen to prevent possible iceing of screen) but i would prolly just get rid of the maf all together
Well put. I agree completely. I also felt no gains, but since it ran fine and was already tuned for no screen I left it out.
Old 12-10-2006, 01:36 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bene
I can tell you failed reading comprehension. Why don't you read my comment again, this time s l o w l y so your brain can catch up w/ your mouth when you're reading it out loud. I never said anything about GAINING 2 rwhp. I even said I doubted the guy's dyno comparison.
i've read what you wrote. your rambling doens't interest me. a 2rwhp gain has nothing to do with MAF removal.

Originally Posted by bene
As far as my polished/descreened MAF, I've raced someone w/ LS1 fbody w/ screen MAF w/ identical mods like mine and well I pulled on him multiple times. I'm not saying I pulled him like a freight train and put bus lengths but did pulled half a car. Not a hear say, but an experienced.
it had nothing to do with your MAF. who had more gas in their tank? were they both M6's or A4's? if it was A4 and M6, gearing is different. if they were both A4's, did they both have the same gears? was anyone carrying anything in their back seat? does anyone have a subwoofer? spare tire and jack? is someone's air filter dirtier? do the cars have the exact same mileage? were they both camaros or firebirds? they have to be the same models or weight differences are off.

yea, you pulled him because of your MAF being descreened. you keep telling yourself that
Old 12-10-2006, 01:59 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not even going to read this one....