Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dented Headers really effect your performance?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 06:33 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Here is actually what happened. I did infact contact PENN DOT with regards to the damage done, specifically the wheel beign cracked in half, my front bumper is cracked as well and scraped, as well as some other miscelaneous stuff.

Essentially, it is not PENN DOT's fault since the damage was caused by an act of nature, and that they responded immediately to the situation and fixed the road that night.

I had the option of submitting a claim to my insurance company, but after talking to a claims adjuster, he said they would have wittled it down to the point of paying out as little as possible so in the end, I bit the bullit and moved on.

I put the car on a lift, rebent the exhaust, tried to buff out some of the scratches on the front bumper and replaced the rim myself. Fortunately the tire was fine.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting thread. I purchased these qtp's used (haven't received them yet) and they are slightly dented on a few of the primarys from the previous installation. The other side has a couple similar dents, one farther up near the top of the header.

What kind of affect do you guys think that will have on performance?
Old 12-11-2006, 01:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey Shinerbock, I also have the infamous SLP LT's and know exactly which primary on the pass. side you are talking about. Mine is ******* smashed. I would say 40% of the flow capacity has been cut off. If you find a remedy or way to fix this keep me posted.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Talking

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
Actually it is covered by the county. The guy above didn't go to the state for header replacement because his car wasn't emissions legal. I remember his thread from what seems like a year ago.
ALL I meant was roads are bad sometimes just like other ****--can't blame the GOV. for everything even if it is their responsibility.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by brady346
Hey Shinerbock, I also have the infamous SLP LT's and know exactly which primary on the pass. side you are talking about. Mine is ******* smashed. I would say 40% of the flow capacity has been cut off. If you find a remedy or way to fix this keep me posted.
I doubt there will be a fix.....

Even if they did torch/weld to fix it, i would think most likey they would destroy the heat coating on them and then they would start rusting...

Probably this time next year ill get some new headers, just b/c headers are just a PITA to work with especially LTs.

Im going to get some Hooker supercomp's.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even if they did torch/weld to fix it, i would think most likey they would destroy the heat coating on them and then they would start rusting...
SLP are stainless and coated for thermal improvement, so you can fix them w/o rusting

Quick Reply: Dented Headers really effect your performance?