Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going w/Pacesetters, any other info?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 04:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going w/Pacesetters, any other info?

Wow, I've been reading for hours on all the posts about all types of headers. I think I'm going with the coated pacesetter LTs and the catted TSP y-pipe. Just had a few more questions to make sure i'm going in the right direction. I love that they come coated for that price and I can get a matching catted y-pipe. I would like to know if anyone has major fitting issues. I work at a garage so I have a lift to work with. However, I don't want to have to cut the k member or grind down the cylinder head. Also, I have SLP subframe connectors, are they going to be an issue? I have the loudmouth exhaust which on long trips has a horrible drone and is starting to get to me with the windows up in the winter so I feel I may have to change it after the headers. I love it at idle and WOT. Does anyone reccomend a different catback? I thought about getting the racestyle headers to get rid of sec air inj and egr. Are there any shops in the northern NJ area that can dyno & tune. I don't mind driving a couple hours to get it done. And do I go with O2 sensor extensions or the longer Bosch sensors. Just so confused. Thaks for all the help!
Old 12-10-2006, 05:23 PM
12 Second Club

do you need cats? i have the same set-up exept i have a off-road y and the drone is very bad at 55 and it is very raspy. i am saving up for true duals from TSP. that would be an option you could do if you don't need cats. if you need cats you could simply switch out the resinator in the Loud mouth for a buillit style muffler and it would sound a little better.
i didn't have any fittment issues when i installed mine. it took me about 8 hours with the car on jackstands but that was with a lunch break and many short breaks.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:56 PM
TECH Regular

Mine are starting to show signs of rust. And I have only had them for 7 months.

Go stainless if you have the cash...and if you dont, then save up!
Old 12-10-2006, 06:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Hell'sChariot
Mine are starting to show signs of rust. And I have only had them for 7 months.

Go stainless if you have the cash...and if you dont, then save up!
All that needs to be said. if its not a daily driver then go with the pacesetters.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

If u r going to keep the car for awhile..get coated for sure.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was very close to getting the exact setup as you, thinking about ordering it this week. But I drive about 30k mikes a year in new england, worried about rust/corrosion. I'm leaning towards the stainless ones now. Almost 2x the price so I'm still thinking about it. Wife had already agreed to Santa getting me pacesetter coated headers & TSP catted Y for ~$700. Not sure if Santa will agree to stainless.

Fyi, I'm very happy with my Magnaflow cat back. I got mine on a group purchase for about $100 less than you usualy see listed (from a sponsor as well... tbyrne.com).
Old 12-11-2006, 12:49 AM
12 Second Club

since your on the east coast i would get stainless.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

I got mine in March last year for anniversary present. I live on the east coast but not DD. They look Brand New. Just my .02. As far as fitment. No jacking of the motor, no tweaking, just manuver in and bolt up. Good luck.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:13 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just ordered my pacesetters and tsp ory this weekend. I would just switch out the LM with a different bullet muffler