Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question concerning Fast?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 10:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question concerning Fast?

I am a dummy. I tried to get in a hurry and didn't read the instructions and tried to tighten the intake on top of the stock valley bolts.I put two hairline cracks in the intake just wondering if the intake was trash or can it be fixed.PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
Old 12-14-2006, 11:00 PM
12 Second Club

nothin a lil duct tape wont fix! jk heres a bump to the top for you hope someone can think of something..
Old 12-14-2006, 11:11 PM
10 Second Club

Listen. First off slow down. Take your time with it. Enjoy it.

This can be fixed with epoxy. Take a small grinder with a rough disc. Gently grind out a small V into the cracked area. NOT all the way through. Mix up the two part epoxy with a spreader. Like for window tint or decals. Then fill in the grinded out area you made going through the crack. Try to get it really smooth and you will not have to sand it. Take your time.

I repair bumpers on car using this method. And you would be amazed at what I can fix. You could never tell and it is very durable.

Good luck.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:16 PM
On The Tree

Man u don't know how much i appreciate your help. I just bought this thing two days ago and i thought it was toast again thanks for the help!!!!