Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Header help, want to alter headers

Old 12-15-2006, 07:09 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need Header help, want to alter headers

I have SW LT's right now. Bought them when I didnt have major aspirations for the car and went with the 2.5 inch Y. I want/need more flow now and want to go with 3".

How can I alter the current collector? Will it split if it's heated up and expanded? Can I cut it back and have a new peice welded on to the end of the collector?

Short of buying new headers what are my options?

Will I gain by using and still havng a 2.5 inch collector? I can have a stepped y fabbed but will I gain with it?

Would like 1 7/8 kooks but not going to buy new headers. Trying to alter my current setup.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kind of numbers are we talking about here? Are you going with a bigger cube engine? F/I? A 2.5" exhaust system can handle a lot of power. If you are planning on going with bigger cubes (402, 408) you would probably be better served with the 1 7/8" primaries so I'd sell the the smaller ones to get them. If not going with a close to 400cid motor I would keep the headers you have now the way they are.

Search this Thread